1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mpls Gun Club-Deltone/Luth Halloween Pie Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pride Engineer, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

A pie shoot. You got to be kidding. How will Jimmy use his favorite coin to win? Will the famous Sweet Cheeks and Hot Lips count for Mpls or St Cloud? What about "can only shoot Jackpot" Lenny the Lipp? Will he put out another 50 straight? And who is left in St Cloud to shoot anyway? Haven't they all died? And what about the Litterest? Will he leave the campaign trail long enough to shoot trap instead of shooting off his sizable mouth? And what about the DFL club in Buffalo? Will they show and try to gain some shooting respect?

Should be interesting.

2. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

Okay, Vance and Dance,,, I thought this was a PIE SHOOT....

Are you telling me that only Kolars,K-80's, Bowen's and Perrazi's
    will be allowed. I hope some kid comes and shoots his Rem 870 and
    kicks all your asses.

You cannot limit it just to Pumpkin pies, I like Apple a whole lot
    better and expect that you will be helpfull in this matter.

Buffalo Gun Club is offering prizes if you come and shoot in a
    Halloween Custome. I've heard stories that there are shooters from the
    Mpls Gun Club that could win this event and not even have to wear a Halloween
    customer, just come as they are. Now, don't get upset me saying this, is just a rummor.

Anyway, No Apple Pie and I will be a NO SHOW

Birddog

3. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

You're right Birddog, Jimmy Bowen has been attempting to look like a trap shooter for many years without much success. Some say it's a costume but it's actually him. He's just lucky he has some guys at the club that can shoot to give Mpls any chance at all. I look for the St Cloud boys to eat big at Mpls on Saturday and then choke on their pies Sunday.

As for the pies, be careful which one you take. Rumor has it one of Jimmy's jolted fat lovers may have concocted a surprise for Jimmy. You would not want to take that pie believe me.

As for me, it looks like my duck hunting may interfere with my being there. The lure of the birds at Devils Lake may be too strong. Although maybe a French Silk pie just might make the difference.

4. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

Okay, Vance, Dance and Prance. Who plans on shooting this Pie event.
    Pride seems to be ducking out. I will not be able to shoot as I have
    a bad left hand. There has not been a word from the Hot Shot Shooters
    from the Buffalo Gun Club,. wonder if they will show.
    But, if you serve me ice cream with my Apple Pie, I just may consider
    showing up.

What is the deal with these Mpls Gun Club shooters. This Bowen guy,
    is any good or will he just fad away like the rest.

Whats the deal with this "Sweet Cheeks and Hot Lips" There is something
    scary about that

Later,

Birddog

5. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range Member

Well! Well! Well! I've been working so many hours at the Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range these past couple of days, I see that I've been missing out on a lot of fun.

I hate to say this, but Pride Engineer might be correct in stating most St. Cloud shooters are possibly taking the "Big Dirt Nap". The one's who were/are competitive any way. I've made several phones calls to some individuals and it does look like we'll have some serious "pie eaters" eeerrrrr trap shooters coming down to the Minneapolis Gun Club on Saturday, October 30th to eat eeeeeerrrrrrrr win some pies. However, the more the merrier, so any Northern Minnesota shooter or any shooter for that fact, who would like to shoot for the "New" Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range feel free to give me a call or show up @ the Mpls Gun Club and we'll be good to go. Hell, who knows, maybe we'll get some Monticello shooters to show up both days and they just might win a few also. As far as the DFL gang, I'm going to leave that one alone. Del-Tone/Luth had Tom Emmer's out here to talk to a lot of people a few months ago and I liked what he had to say. But that goes without saying, being I'm a Life Member of the NRA and ATA and the guy I work for is also a Lifer of the NRA and several other conservative organizations.

Lew, please don't worry about having some ice cream to eat. I'll be more then happy to have at least a gallon of vanilla here for ya on Sunday. You and I will sit down and eat the "pie" I'm going to win on Saturday and see if it's as good as the ones they bake up here in Del-Tone/Luth country. We'll have to eat our little victory treat after we have some of the free Chili that will be given away for lunch on Sunday and we'll also be able to watch the Vikings play on the new flat screen TV in the George Victor building. Hint, Hint, to all shooters, the Del-Tone/Luth Beat Down of the Mpls Gun Club will be held inside the George Victor Building. More room, means more FUN!!!!

Gotta Go Guys. today we holding the Adult Classes of the DNR Hunters Safety Program, 30 individuals signed up, and tomorrow we're holding the DNR Youth Classes, 27 signed up, so it's another busy weekend at Del-Tone/Luth!!!!

Jeff Hoppes

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

(320)251-9873

www.del-tone-luth.com

6. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

Well, The Literalist,

The Trap Shooters of Minneosta Have the Highest of Standards. We will not even
    let a low ball, etc, etc, like you cross the border, let alone come under your realm.

True, we sometimes have our problems, but we take care of our own and do not
    take kindly to some nosey outsider sticking their nose in our Minneosta Trap
    Shooters Business.

Bud out, Just make that a Miller MGA instead.

Birddog

7. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

Denny,

Do not get your self all worked up. I was ust giving you Sh??
    I suppose being you shot at Del Tone in 1965, that would give you
    Squatter's Rights. I will not nor can I speak for the Del Tone club.

Okay, you said "woof, woof", I will back up for all Big Dogs and that includes you.
    You a more than welcome to shot at Del Tone as they are looking for
    good candidates to represent them in the Trap Shooting world.

What the Mpls Gun Club would say about you shooting their, I guess I would
    have to leave that up to them Big Dogs. I am sure you would be welcome
    if you have plenty of $$$$

Please do not be bitter,,,

Birddog

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

one of the things i like about trapshooting is the final score ends all the bs

9. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

Vance & Hines,

Help,Help we need your intervention as the Literalist has gotten all bent
    out of shape as I mentioned that maybe we would not let him come back into Minneosta. He took it very personal which was not really intended.

How come the the Literalist gets so huffy puffy. The Literalist indicated
    he is away from Minneosta temporarily. Did he leave Minneosta on his own
    or how come he IS no longer is a Minneosta Res.

What should be the next move for this delicate situation...

Later

10. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

We're getting close.....The Minneapolis Gun Club annual Halloween Pumpkin Pie Shoot is this Saturday October 30th. Shoot a 25 straight in either singles or Handicap and win a really really good pie. High score of the day wins a huge Carmel Apple Walnut Crunch pie.

Everybody is welcome....including shooters from Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and the great state of Missouri.

New for this year is the FRIENDLY challenge from our good friends at the Del Tone Luth Gun Club. Word is they're hungry and planning on shooting and taking home a bunch of pies!!! All I can say to that is.....C'mon down!!! And then on Sunday the MGC contingent will travel Nort to show 'em whats what. ANYBODY can shoot for their club of choice and we'll tally up the pie wins Sunday to see who gets the bragging right for the biggest and hungriest shooters.

Now last Saturday at MGC, our shooters got wind of this exciting up coming event and they turned the wick up and did some shooting. For the Jackpot shoot we had four 49's, nine 48's and most important...TWENTY ONE 25's!!! Check the above website for the Lewis class winners and for the "rules".

The extended forecast is showing great weather for both days.....so go on a diet this week and show up hungry. It'll be a great time at both clubs.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

11. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy,

All those big inflated numbers, 49's 48's and 25 straights which were shot last week at the Minneapolis Gun Club, do not scare any of us Del-Tone/Luth shooters. Let's not forget that I spent a lot of time down at the Minneapolis Gun Club last fall/winter shooting at your Jackpot shoots. I was able to observe how the Minneapolis Shooters shot when you placed those big pies or turkeys out there in front of them to win. They seamed to walk and talk a little faster, their hearts starting pounding a little faster, their blood-pressure raised a little, their shoulders tightened up and before they knew it, they were shaking their heads after the score keeper finished talking to them with a one word sentence. As in "Loss"!

Last week was a bunch of guys, maybe some gals, out there shooting amongst friends and trying to break a good score. Kind of like shooting Practice Targets! This week they'll actually be shooting for some thing of importance, PIE'S!!!!!!!!!!!!, and against some competition who want those very same PIE'S!!!!

All kidding aside, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and we should have some good friendly fun!!!

Jeff Hoppes

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

(320)251-9873

www.del-tone-luth.com

12. JACK

you'll have to do without me

Hopefully this is the last surgery to fix my trigger finger. I'm typing n9ow, but recoil might bust this open again. 3rd surgery to fix a CAT BITE.

[​IMG]

13. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Shooters,

It’s been brought to my attention that under the current Del-Tone/Luth Jackpot rules, that some shooters might take advantage of being able to shoot all their 16yd targets before some shooters are able to get to the range or able to shoot. Therefore, for this shoot and one other in the future, shooters will be required to shoot their 16yd round then their handicap round and also be required to skip at least one squad when signing up.

After all, we don’t want the MPLS GUN CLUB shooters to go home empty handed. :=)

Also, Jack I hope your trigger finger/knuckle gets well soon. That looks nasty, nasty. Oh by the way, I don’t think anyone needs an arrow to direct where we should be looking. :)

Jeff Hoppes

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

14. JACK

Jeff, et al... I'm in the final stretch with this cat bite. Cast is off, splint is only used in tough situations. Working on guns this am. Prob shoot my new project MX15 at the pattern board Saturday. building it for myself now as the stock I got has identical cast off to my MX3 stock. Got the stock from Gabe Lupo. Thanked him too. I'll get a pic up perhaps later.Assembling it now. But I will be using all common components of trigger, weight, cast off, and POI. should be a easy transition.

All you guys shoot well. And watch the ringer/interlopers from BGC. Last weeks winners of Jim, Gene, and John are good guys. I hope to see them too.

Jack (GM of all things domestic at my house)

15. Ithaca$$$Grade

Jack, you take care of that hand and if you feel up to it c'mon out and join in the banter that I'm sure will be going on. New rule at MGC though....no cats.

Here is what we're shooting for..........bunches of pies!!!

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=pieshoot20092.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

And the bragging rights. It will be good fun to see what the outcome of this friendly match is.

Supposed to be a sunny weekend.....C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays. Both Saturday and Sunday.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

16. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Jimmy,

I’d like to take a beautiful photo like that also, but I’m just not sure if I should buy 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 pies. No one has told me if it will be ok to give away the same pies we win Saturday, at the Minneapolis Gun Club, the following day, Sunday, at the Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range. The expiration date on those pies in the photo would really be beneficial to me in deciding what to do. :)

Jeff Hoppes

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

17. Ithaca$$$Grade

Jeff, those pie's are long gone,that is a picture from last years shoot. You can be sure the pies that are there tomorrow will be fresh baked.....maybe even warm yet. :>)

And as far as you giving out the pies you win at MGC???.......how far is 2 pies going to go??? You gonna give out slices???? Hey, maybe get a couple pecan pies for Del Tone Day. I LIKE pecan pie. I......LIKE IT.

I don't know about you but I'm out there right now shootin up a storm, practicing up for the 2 BIG DAYS.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=DSCN2214.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

The yapping is about done........go fill the car up with gas and get ready.

Everybody....C'mon out......enjoy the day.....go home with a pie. Oh, and the cash, this is a regular Jackpot payout shoot. It just keeps getting better & better all the time.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

18. JACK

19. Ithaca$$$Grade

Parka???? That ain't no parka. And yes, I will be wearing it tomorrow so bring the darkest glasses you own. You'll see so much better. :>)

Speakers will be up where they belong. I was just going through some Phil Kiner drills and having the puller do some delayed releases on me so I watch for the target. Watched the film we took on the TV and I was bustin targets on the left, on the right, high, low and in the middle. I think I'm ready.

Oh, did I tell you Phil's plane got in at 5:30 tonight. You've been "acquiring" some of our club members so I figured fair is fair. Phil's a pie eater from way back.

10:00 AM start time......Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

20. Ithaca$$$Grade

What a great day for what hopes to be an annual event between MGC & Del-Tone Luth. The shooting was fast & furious and bragging rights for those pies made everyone shoot their best.

As a courtesy to the visiting club, Del-Tone was allowed to squad first to have 1st chance to start piling the pies up. Wellllll, they got done with the 16's, the "easy" targets, and........no pies!!! What the heck is up with that??? On to the Handicap......and nada, nothing, pie-less. A MGC squad was next out and after all of those sootballs drifted away.....one pie was gone for the taking......to the guy in the pumpkin orange sweater....Jiiiiimy Bowen. I knew those Kiner drills would pay off. Next another Del-Tone squad, and waddayou know...Ray Steffenson showed 'em it could be done. And, so it went, for awhile, then the flood gates opened up when more hungry MGC shooters showed up. Final tally........MGC 7 pies......Del-Tone 3. Tomorrow, the MGC contingent will head Nort to see how it goes for those Del-Tone pies...and the bragging rights for the 2010 Halloween Pumpkin Pie Shoot.

The pie winners are; Jimmy Bowen....Ray Steffenson....Curt Peterson....Bob Wiltse....Jeff Hoppes....Mark Hintz.....Dennis Kecker (from the 27yd line)....Charlie Leavitt....Bob Smith...Scott Steffen

Now, there was still one pie, that huge Carmel Apple Pecan Crunch pie for the top score. There were 2 shooters that carded 49's. Jeff Hoppes from Del-Tone and Jiiimy Bowen from MGC. Jeff had run his 16's and had 24 in Handicap. Jimmy had 24 in 16's and ran his Handicap. That only means one thing....COIN FLIP!!!
    So, here we go, with way too many people watching. Heads on the first flip means long run in the 16's, tails would be long run in Handicap. Up in the air the flipping coin goes, making about 20 revolutions, it lands in the hand and gets turned over to the back of the opposite hand, and its....HEADS!!! And Jeff goes home with the prize winning pie. This time. Nice shooting Jeff.

The lewis class winnings paid out 7 classes and went all the way to the 37's.

1st Class......Jeff Hoppes 49.......Jimmy Bowen 49

2nd Class......Curt Peterson 46.....Curt Peterson 46

3rd Class.....Ray Steffenson 45.....Scott Steffen 45

4th Class.....Len Lindquist 43......Denny Steinhaus 43

5th Class.....Charlie Leavitt 41....Bob Lalor 41

6th Class.....Bob Wiltse 39....Scott Messenger 39

7th Class....John Bacon 37....Charlie Leavitt 37

Ties=16's from the back then Handicap from the back.

Thanks a lot to everyone who shot/showed up to make it a great event. Hope to see you at Del-Tone Sunday and MGC next Saturday.

Here are some pictures of the pie winners. Check those smiles on their faces.

Bobby Munson Jr. Mark Hintz

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=HalloweenShootArieWatch005.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

The Del-Tone Pie Winners, Jeff Hoppes, the big winner is in the middle, Bob Wiltse on the left, Denny Steinhaus on the right, holding Ray Steffensons pie?

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=HalloweenShootArieWatch006.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Charlie Leavitt, the worlds best Jewish Trapshooter.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=HalloweenShootArieWatch007.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Mark on your calendar November 20th, Minneapolis Gun Club will be holding the annual Turkey Shoot. Shoot a 25 straight, take home Thanksgiving Dinner.

Jimmy Bowen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

deltone gun club