1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mpls.Gun Club/Del Tone Gun Club Turkey Jackpot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

OK, here we go. This Saturday November 19th., MGC starts it out with their weekly Jackpot Trapshoot and the added bonus is Thanksgiving Turkeys!!! Shoot a 25 straight in either Singles or Handicap and you'll bring home a turkey for the whole family to enjoy. This is in addition to the cash payouts.

Then on Sunday, November 20th., accepting the challenge from our Up Nort friends at Del Tone Luth Gun Club, we'll travel there to enjoy their hospitality. Same program, shoot a 25, take home a turkey, and the lewis class payouts.

The competition really started last weekend at MGC with the Thanksgiving Turkey Jackpot. The well attended shoot had everybody shooting lights out with five 49's turned in and lots of 25 straights. See the above website for scores/details.

When the competition begins, the shooters will have to declare which club they are shooting for. The Turkeys, as in the frozen ones, will be added up Sunday afternoon and the winning club will claim bragging rights for the next year.

Now already last Saturday, Jeff Hoppes/Del Tone, was seen handing some of the competitors cash, even the notorious Smith boy's, who live in the southern part of the state!! I really don't think he was buying them their lunch. So, let the games begin.

Saturday....MGC. Sunday...Del Tone.

Start time 10:00 AM.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

2. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range Member

GOOD VS EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't have to buy Mr. and Mr. Smith, just told them that all Mpls Gun Club Shooters would have to shoot at Trap 12 when they come up to Del-Tone on Sunday. Also told them that I closed the road to get there and they would have to walk to the trap and back to the George Victor Building. That's a damn long walk and it's suppose to be pretty cold. What really made the deal was when I told them I filled Trap 12 full of those type of clays that hit the ground and keep rolling for another 30 yards before they stop. I won't even get into what I set the angles at.

Jimmy, Don't think we didn't notice that not one "Nort" shooter won any thing at Mpls on Saturday. We think you fixed the shoot Jimmy and we're not happy!!!

Jeff

3. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Sharp new hats Jeff!

You think MIA will show Sunday? I'd like to make a little side bet with him.

John

4. Ithaca$$$Grade

Damn, thats a good looking hat!!! THE ONE ON THE RIGHT. :>)

Aw c'mon now, you really wouldn't really make us walk all the way down to field 12. We might as well be shootin at the airport. You can stick us where ever you want,it ain't a gonna matter. We'll be practicing all week on the wobble trap field at MGC just so's we can hit something.

You guys didn't win anything last Saturday.....big grin. Hey, Hot Lips was watching the whole coin flip and counting out all the classes....ya have to hit better than a 17 in handicap to get a decent score. And that was with fluff targets. What the heck are you going to get on Sunday?

Mmmm, turkey dinner.....I can't wait.

See you soon.

Jimmy Bowen

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Word on the street is that the "Smith boys" defected cause they were promised they could shoot their handicap rounds from their ATA yardage...

And "Puller"... Better buckle on a double layer of depends when we go to the handicap round...

6. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Hey MIA,

Just do me and John a favor this weekend if you happen to be lucky enough to shoot on our squad. Don't stand out there on the line while we're shooting and have actual conversations with yourself. You gave us both nightmares for a month the last time you did that.

Jeff

7. JACK

Whoa... Thanks DTL... Remember to keep your face firmly planted on the gun... That panty-waist "heads-up" style shoots about a pattern off.

8. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

GEEEEZE, MIA,

“Panty-Waist” is a pretty big word coming from a guy who continues to torture all of us by putting the same photo of himself on this site so we all have to look at those little, white, skinny chicken-legs of yours.

Jimmy,

I changed my mind and set up trap 10 instead of trap 12 for you guys. Yesterday the wind was blowing about 25 mph by the club house so I walked down to the east near traps 10 and 12. It was only blowing about 40mph down there so you guys should have a good time. I just hope the speakers and the machine work ok in that area with all that wind.

Just let me know if there's anything else I can do for my buddies,

Jeff

9. JACK

Yah-h... Better get that weather stratened away. the Smiths might be in hibernation
    mia_2008_03037.jpg

10. handlepuller

Lol you guys are cracking me up!

I was thinking a bottle of the red on our first 50 Jack.

11. Ithaca$$$Grade

WEATHER???? Who gives a $!tt. We're talking turkeys. And I don't think any of us are gonna melt. It will be just fine. Both days.

Jeff, are you telling me you have wind up there? I thought MGC was the only club that had wind....outside of the clubhouse.

No matter, we'll be there and shoot whatever you throw us as long as everybody else has to shoot 'em too.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

12. JACK

John. What a great idea. I stumbled across a wonderful red the other day sold by my local discount liquor store in St Paul. Morellis. Little old Italian shop in the ethnic Italian neighborhood. A California wine from the Livermore Valley, although I am not sure where that is in CA. But the red is a cab and named "Conservancy". I meant to buy "Crimson and Clover" but the cab is really special.

Chat with your bride and get an OK, and I will PU a case for you and bring it along. Be a wonderful reason to show up. Great wine. go to Morellis website and look it up on their sale flier. Too, the Morellis' website is much like the Negrini website. foreign to our way of web surfing.

http://www.morellismarket.com/Wine.html

J

And John... Did I ever tell you about the contest between my self and Dennis Kecker from our club? I challenged him to a 100 bird handicap duel on a Friday afternoon. It was a 100 bird long yardage race, I moved on top for the first two rounds, he narrowed the gap on the third and slipped ahead in the fourth. He missed late, but was still up by one at the end. We both ran the last 10. Both of us enjoyed the shoot as did the audience. I think they were prejudiced towards Denny... The winner got a bottle of wine. I'm hoping to develop the Friday afternoon club handicap shoot this coming season. I have a format figured out whereby all shooters will begin as equals in a method similar to golf handicapping. Yardage and extra birds based on your ATA handicap average of last year. Everyone brings a spirit of choice and the winner gets his choice of all the offerings, second gets to choose second and so on down the line. No one goes home empty-handed. Adn if real spirits are not your choice, bring coke or Pepsi. Adn what a great tune-up for a Saturday ATA shoot. Eh? I'd invite you, but I know what you will be doing on a Friday afternoon.

13. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Jack, When you say you "moved on top for the first 2 rounds" do you mean you shot the 1st 2 rounds from the top of the traphouse?

14. JACK

"H-A-P"

Uh, no... Only meant that I was temporarily ahead...

talk like that mcuh more... and you could be the next sitting duck.

It will happennext year. Likely will become very popular.

15. handlepuller

I don't need a case Jack but you bring a bottle and I'll bring one of a red blend I like and winner drinks all!

The wife gave me the liberty card for the weekend. She's truly the best.

16. JACK

I'll need to get mine punched.

17. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Jimmy,

Am I starting to detect a little crack in you southern shooters armor?? First Jack’s worrying about the weather, which is nothing new, and then you type “as long as everyone else has to shoot’em too”. Well, Well I think I’m starting to like what I’m reading!!

Jack, weather report indicates there’s a possibility of 3” to 5” inches of slushy, heavy snow Saturday afternoon into Saturday evening. Then to make things even better, temps in the high 20’s for Sunday with gusty winds. Guess you’re out.

Jimmy, I have so many surprises for the rest of you that I don’t have time to type them all. Just be sure and remember to bring you’re snow boots, warm coats and some good gloves. You guys are going to have some mighty long walks and I know most of you are not use to being outside in the elements.

Jeff

18. JACK

DTL. You do not have adequate cajonies to put the real shooters on the back 40. And as far as the cold and me are concerned, you finally got something right. Bears are on the big screen at Alary's... Real football in Minnesota... Whodda thunk?

19. Ithaca$$$Grade

Jeff, 3-5 inches of wet sloppy snow sounds about right. We're bringing up a Dura Max 3500 with a 8' Boss plow. ALL the snow from field 12 and west will be around and on top of your truck. And if we catch you inside the building alone, the doors won't open until spring. :>) Just say'n

See ya soon.

Jimmy Bowen

20. dward

dward Member

Wish I could make the shoots but I'm down in FL for a couple weekends.

"so we all have to look at those little, white, skinny chicken-legs of yours."

That's funny stuff Jeff...but just imagine summertime when you have the whole bunch of them standing out there in shorts......looks like a bunch of potatoes with strings hanging down!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.