1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MPC Sports... Whats the deal?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by USMC Goose, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USMC Goose

USMC Goose Member

I recently ordered some briley thinwall chokes from MPC Sports since they had free shipping. Well when my order arrived I was missing a IC choke I had ordered. Well I wrote them a email informing them that I was shorted one choke tube. Doug said he would look into it and get back to me ASAP. This was over 2 weeks ago. Well after 4-5 more emails from me with no response and who knows how many phone calls to them, I still have no choke even though I was charged for it. Everytime I call all I get is the answering machine. I have never had someone answer the phone. I am not one to bad mouth someone but this ordeal has been ridiculas. Just wanting to know if anyone else has had an experience like this with them or just their customer service in general. Might just be my luck but I am not happy with the way this has been handled. Casey

2. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

I recently ordered a Browning Midas choke from them. Came in the original packing that was unsealed. The choke had a light film of soot on it ? Made me wonder if I got a brand new choke ... or someone's return ?

3. willing

willing Member

I have been buying chokes for myself and friends from MPC for years. Delivery has been quick and correct. To my knowledge the chokes are drop shipped from the manufacturer. You might have better luck talking to Patti who I have always delt with. This is only my opinion.

Bill

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Here's a post from someone on their facebook page:

Are you dumb *expletive* still in business? Why don't you return emails or phone calls for your online orders?

That was posted Feb 10, and is the most recent post on their page...

5. corey

corey Member

I have nothing but troubles when ordering from them, that is why I don't order from them anymore. Just my experience though.

6. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Goose,

MPC is a great company and I've been doing business with them for many years. They can't afford to keep chokes on the shelf, so if they don't have your choke in stock they send your order to the manufacturer. In this case Briley probably didn't have them on the shelf as thin wall chokes are special order items. If you were to call Briley you would find that out. They are probably in the process of making the chokes now...

7. USMC Goose

USMC Goose Member

Bucko, I thought of that too. But I did receive one of the IC chokes that I ordered. I understand I may have got the last one they had but I think that's prob a long shot.

Willing, how do I get in touch with patti?

8. shrek

shrek Active Member

I have observed that they recently have changed some things with their phone system and possibly their on-line contact us information.

used to be 3 toll free numbers and I think a couple different e-mail contacts if I remember correctly.

Also on the phone answering machine was options to dial directly to different people.

All of that is gone, so I am not sure what is up.

I do know that in the past when I talked with Patti, she did a really good job of letting you know what was up if there were delays.

one time I had a delay on a choke because the manufacturer had a lot of orders and I did get it when they got it made.

9. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I just ordered chokes from MPC and received them promptly, no complaints.

10. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

I had the same type of ordeal with Midway. I ordered from them and they didn't have all that I ordered. What I got from them was some of the product and I had sent tnem a check that they graciously cashed. They shorted me about 8 bucks worth of product. I called and they said that they WOULD NOT ISSUE A REFUND! Only a credit. Said it cost too much for them to refund money and that if I had ordered with a credit card I wouldn't have this problem. That was over 2 years ago. Guess what I still don't have my 8 bucks. BTW I ordered some reloading stuff.

So with that experience, I will never and I hope everybody else feels the same, order from Midway again. To me they are a Schlock outfit, that stole 8 bucks from me. If any one wants more info on this incident feel free to email me and I will continue. I don't want to bore everyone here.

Chuck

11. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I've had nothing but great experience with MPC Sports. Good prices, good
    service.

12. USMC Goose

USMC Goose Member

How do I get in touch with Patti? Still no choke... Almost 3 weeks now.. email sent yesterday morning and phone calls made all day... No reply and no answer.. I will never recommend or use MPC again. This is prob going to be one of those times where I should just kiss my $80 goodbye.

13. willing

willing Member

Goose

Call toll Free at 1-800-769-3602 , ask for her if she isn't the one who answers. At least the last time I called.

Bill

14. USMC Goose

USMC Goose Member

Willing, That is the number I have been calling and it just gives you a recording to press 1 for cusotmer service or 2 for questions about a order. I can never get anyone to answer on either line. Any other phone numbers that I can call?

15. USMC Goose

USMC Goose Member

Well finally got in touch with Patty. She called briley and got my choke tube sent out on monday. She said it would be here on Wednesday. She sent the UPS tracking number info to me and low and behold they sent it to the wrong address!! This headache is never ending. I quickly made them aware of there mistake and now she said they are sending out another that will be to the correct address by tomorrow.. Believe me I will not be holding my breath to see if it actually arives. I ordered my choke march 14th, it will be April 6th when I actually recieve it, that is if I do actually recieve it....

16. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Chuck,

I have had just the opposite dealings with Midway. If there is ever a problem, they take care of it toot sweet. I do alot of business with them and they have always been great to me. Sorry your dealings were not as good as mine.

Oscar

17. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

If you paid for your order via credit card, initiate a chargeback. I have done this a few times with businesses that are quick to take your money but are slow to rectify transaction issues. Somehow, magically, when the credit card company contacts the company, the company all of a suddenly starts trying to get in touch with you to correct the problem LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mpc sports

mpc sports complaints
mpc sports review