1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

MPC Sports bad service??? or lack there of???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brokenspoke1, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brokenspoke1

brokenspoke1 TS Member

Has anyone ever had any luck getting ahold of MPC Sports? I've probably tried calling a total of ten times during their posted business hours & I've also sent email with no response. I was going to order an Americase from them but after not being able to get ahold of them I've decided that they don't want my business. Anyone else have this kind of problem with them?
  2. Bridger

Bridger Member

I've never tried calling them but have emailed them a couple of times and always gotten a response. Service has always been good on orders I've placed. If you want to try elsewhere call Mike Batista at the Silver Dollar, he gave me a nice deal on an Americase a few years ago.
  3. brokenspoke1

brokenspoke1 TS Member

Yea Bridger, I guess them not answering me was a blessing in disguise because I called Mike as Silver Dollar on Friday & he beat MPC's prices anyway. Mike seemed like a great guy to deal with & was very friendly & helpful.
  4. shrek

shrek Member

yes here recently MPC's service has been terrible. In the past I have ordered numerous choke tubes from them.

The last batch I ordered I forgotten I had ordered some earlier (turkey chokes for a gun I don't shoot often for some pattern testing) their webpage says returns are ok with a restocking fee. OK fine, it was minor.

So I get a hold of them by e-mail, they say send them back and include a copy of the e-mail regarding the discussion on exchange, I did, a month later no refund on the credit card, I e-mail, the response was the person would look into it, a month later, still no refund on the credit card. I e-mail again, and no response yet.... also never get an answer or return on the phone calls.

I do not think that Patti Kennedy works there anymore, she was outstanding to deal with.

I don't know what is going on there, I am not happy about it and they likely will not get any more money from me...

Extremely poor customer service... and no excuse for close to three months go by and no refund. I have delivery confirmation from the post office as to when the package got there for return.
  5. willing

willing Member

I just ordered a T&S shell catcher which was supposed to be shipped no charge. Somehow I got a charge for shipping, so I entered in the comments field that if there was a charge to cancel the order. I received 2 not 1 call from them to assure me there would be no charge for shipping. That was on Monday, I received the item on wednsday. At the time of the call I cautioned the lady that I was aware of the problem that people were having trying to talk to them and warned her that their reputation was going downhill fast and she said they were trying and had a few problms. Their records show I have been dealing with them since 2004. FWIW

Bill
  6. Bucko43

Bucko43 Active Member

I have been dealing with MPC sports for 6 or 7 years, and I have never had a problem. I pull up their website, place an order for my item, and it shows up in the mail or UPS. Why would anyone have a problem with that?

They are a distributor for Briley chokes, but they don't keep stock on hand of every choke. If you see one on their website and order it, the choke may ship directly to you from Briley. If Briley doesn't have it on the shelf, then they may have to make it from scratch and that takes a little longer. Give 'em a break guys, they are a small business trying to survive. I expect they work during the day and MPC is a side business...
  7. creek

creek Member

I'm sorry to hear the Patti isn't there anymore; she really made the company for customer service. She always answered the phone and was very helpful in her knowledge of what I needed. I've ordered hundreds, if not thousands of dollars worth of merchandise from MPC over the last five years.

It's a very good company and hope they clear up the problems; it would be worth having some patience with them.

John Radtke (CREEK)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.