1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving Up In Class?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Newcomer, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newcomer

Newcomer TS Member

Does winning a registered shoot in your class always move you up in class or is there exceptions?

Matt

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

If you are talking about singles, your average will dictate what class you'll shoot in. There maybe some exceptions to this, but I don't know about that.

ec90t

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

At a multi-day shoot, you will often find you are moved up a class if you win a 16 yard or doubles class during an early day. This should be listed right in the program or should be posted clearly at the time of entry or squadding. Not unusual at all....breakemall....Bob Dodd

4. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Around my way ,,,if you win in class ,,,your next shoot ,,,the next day same shoot some times you move up,,,most times next shoot differnt shoot you do move up,,,its a one time move,,,unless avarge keeps you there you move back down

5. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Real move ups are based on average. temporary moveups occur when winning class at a multi-day shoot. Although I am really a class a shooter, I was at a "big" shoot and was classified AA. And at that moment time, my average really was AA. I actually tied for a win in a prelim event and was moved up to AAA. Thankfully the conditions was temporary and faded with the shoot. Sadly, the AA average also faded and back stuck in A.

6. jjlucky

jjlucky TS Member

At the Dixie Grand this year, if you had the high score in your class, even though you didn't win, you were advanced to the next class.
    I understand that if you won you would move up, but high score???????
    I don't agree with that.

Jack

7. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

jjlucky
    sorry, I don't understand you. It has always been true that when you have the high score in your class (meaning ties are all high scores) you move up a class for that shoot. What don't you agree with??

8. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

How could you have the high score in your class and not win? Lose in a shootoff?
    All high scores and ties in each class advance. At Iowa two years ago the non-residents in Class C who shot 98's (5 total) advanced to B for the Singles Champioship and the resident shooters who shot 99's (2) in C also were bumped up also.

Tim

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jack- At the Dixie Grand, during the preliminary days, all shooters who won or tied for a singles or doubles trophy were reviewed. Their 3 year shooting history was pulled and was considered along with their win/tie. Many shooters who won or ties were reclassified by the member of the Central Handicap Committee (Terry R.) who was in charge of classification at that shoot. A win/tie during the preliminary days does not automatically result in a new classification.

During the primary days at that shoot, all shooters who won/tied for their class were automatically moved up one class. Three of us classified at the Dixie Grand, but all changes in classification were taken care of by Terry.

Pat Ireland

10. jjlucky

jjlucky TS Member

HGWT-- At the Florida State shoot, all ties in 16 yd. and Dbls events were carried over, I'm a S. Vet and class A. I broke 99 in the 16 yd. event on Monday, and tied with several others. I had a 97 on tues. thus not winning the Monday event.
    But as the program states "all high scores move up one class" the rest of the , hence AA for me. Never was or will be AA.

I understand if you won your class being advanced.

Pat; I'm sorry about saying Dixie Grand, senior moment--- I meant Fla. state
    Jack Luck

11. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

At the SW grand this last week a squadmate missed his 98th bird in doubles Wednesday, and finished with a 99 to win his class. On Sunday he broke a 98 and won a shootoff to take runnerup in the same class. I'm too lazy to go downstairs to check the program, but it looks like there may not have been a mandatory move-up in class for a class win at the SW Grand. Or maybe somebody screwed up.

12. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

pocatello

Most of the time in the real early days of the bigger shoots they wouldn't move up in a class so I don't know if the Wensday shoot was one of them or not I don't think one should be bumped up in class on the first day or two of a 7 day shoot because a lot of times there maybe be only a few to shoot them prelim days and like jjlucky said then you are in AA and you might had won the class with a 97 and that score wouldn't come close to winning in the old class toward the latter days of the shoot.

ok I could see if one was to break a 100 in C class or the other lower classes for them to be bumped up.

Fog

13. SteveT

SteveT Member

Larry:
    Manditory move ups at the Southwestern Grand did not start until event #13 for singles and #15 for doubles. A 99 in event #9 did not qualify for a manditory move.
    Steve Taylor

14. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

You were moved up because you tied high score. Which was the winning score, you just did not win the carryover. All that is in the programs. FOr instance the upcoming Missouri state shoot says that all wins/ties will be moved up except for preliminary days. John

15. jjlucky

jjlucky TS Member

I'm not crying foul, or complaining, If I wanted to win I should have broken 100! As a class A shooter I don't get very many 99's. However I'm surprised that they move everyone from day one.

Jack Luck

16. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Steve, I'm glad that there is a reasonable explanation, and great shooting on your part. I still wish I could have seen a chip off #98 Wednesday, but I just saw dust.

17. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

P3AT:

Hum must be just the florida club because strange things happened to me also about a year and a half ago there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how do you move up a class in trap shooting