1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Newport News VA

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gavin, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

I'm moving to the Newport News VA area this summer. I've looked on the VA Trapshooting website and found some clubs that look to be near by. Are there any clubs in NC that are within a 2 hr (or so) drive from Newport News?

Thanks

Gavin

2. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

3. jdomas

jdomas Member

The closest NC sites for ATA are in Kitrell, Wilson, and Greenville. All are between 100 and 120 miles from Newport News as the crow flies. You're probably better off staying in VA as there are plenty of places to shoot close or the same distance as NC. Go to vatrap.com to see list.

John D
    Lynchburg, VA

4. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

You won't have the time or the will to shoot after dealing with the traffic.

5. JHS

JHS TS Member

Norfolk County Rifle Range about 20 minutes from Newport News across Merrimac Monitor Tunnel is closest. They normally shoot Tuesady nights and have registered shoots scheduled for May3 and May 10.Call 757-375-5177.
    Jim

6. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

I heard that Oceana is reopening and that is near Norfolk/VA Beach. Might be a little drive but not too terribly much.

Luvn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.