1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving to Idaho Falls What Part of Town to Live in

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Pocatello, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I suppose that would depend on what you are looking for and what you want to spend. The newer areas with bigger houses are to the south and up on the east bench. If you want more acreage look way south, or north and west. My impression (only that) is that the prices are 10%-20% more than Pocatello, and a bit more than that higher than Shelley, about 15 miles south. The east/west commute across town can be quite busy at times. I-15 is west of the main part of downtown, while the big malls are on the east side.

The school system is very good for Idaho. I don't think of Idaho Falls as having much of a crime problem at all, and there are no real ghetto areas, nor even much of a trailer park type neighborhood. Idaho's largest minority population is Hispanic, followed by Native Americans. Idaho Falls has little of either, with the Hispanics more concentrated south near Blackfoot, and Indians more on the Fort Hall Reservation.

I'm guessing you are probably interested in shooting. The Skyline Gun Club is way out on the western end of things, about eight miles or so west of I-15. Take exit 118 and head toward Arco. The club is on your right just about where the road turns from four lanes to two. They have been pretty much taken over by the sporting clays crowd. ATA attendance has declined significantly over the past years, and I've heard that their second scheduled shoot this year is likely to be canceled. There is another sporting clays range at Roberts, about fifteen miles north on I-15. I've never been to it, but have heard it is quite nice. By far the biggest and most active trap range in the area is Pocatello. Neil Winston told me a year or so ago that we are in the top 50 or so for ATA targets thrown in a year. We just finished the Idaho State Shoot this last weekend with over 125,000 targets thrown, and our August Gun Shoot runs close to 150,000 each year. We have more than a few members from Idaho Falls who attend regularly. It's about 55 miles from Idaho Falls to the Club, Interstate all the way. If you move there, we hope you'll join those other IF members.

2. BPSR

BPSR Member

twostraight.
    If you want more info, you can try www.city-data.com It's a pretty decent site that seems to be setup for people looking to relocate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.