1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving the Microphones?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Barry C. Roach, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

This may have been discussed before but I believe that a shooter should replace his/her microphone to the proper yardage instead of letting others perform the chore. In fact I think it should be a rule.

I appreciate that it seems like a polite thing to do but most don't put the mic exactly where the shooter wants it and it's position is 'improved' anyway. It leaves a chance that the shooter shoots from the wrong yardage, as well. The shooter should be responsible for making that error not a well meaning peer.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

What you said hold's true regardless of the previous shooters actions....So, what is the issue????

Jim

3. Barry C. Roach

Someone else may replace the mic on the wrong yardage and the shooter may shoot from the wrong yardage.

4. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

And how is that not the shooter's fault? cls

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have never had someone move the mic to the right side for me, left hand shooter. Just put it where you need it to go. Whos fault whould it be if placed on wrong yardage?

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have never had someone move the mic to the right side for me, left hand shooter. Just put it where you need it to go. Whos fault whould it be if placed on wrong yardage?

7. Barry C. Roach

The shooters'

8. hoov

hoov Member

Please leave my speaker alone. I will move to where I want it.No one ever places a speaker where a leftie wants it,so please leave my speaker where it is ,and I will do the same for the shooter next to me.Earl Hoover

9. Barry C. Roach

I agree entirely with the AdvoCat. I just think it should also be the rule.

10. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

Rule???

You can't be serious...

cls

11. pa pete

pa pete Member

Ever notice how the "righties" toss their empties just
    where a "leftie" would put the mike? "Pete" McDonough

12. smartass

smartass TS Member

prince, you really need a spelling checker or an education.

13. emm2

emm2 Member

Are you ever happy? Fix your own mic and shoot your own targets. Sounds like you cannot be pleased. Shane

14. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

In the future there will be a microphone for a wireless system that will attach to each shooter's vest or collar that will eliminate the problem. Where's Thos. Edison when you need him?

15. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Big Heap...as if you didn't already know.....it's already there and not only does it eliminate the need to fart around with mics. It also eliminates cross calls created by the so-called hog callers. Now....If everyone had Erad's and there was nothing else to talk about except.....7 1/2's or 8's......how boring.

Shoot the targets and quit thinking about where the frigging mic is!

Rickyd

16. bubba at ohio

bubba at ohio TS Member

what else could we possibly complain about do we need to have a class on proper mic use

17. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

For me, the most irritating part of "mic movin" is all the targets I see wasted. Scorers need to be taught this simple procedure at the first and not turn it back on till all the fidgeting stops.

Rickyd, I like those much better! Hap

18. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I do it out of courtesy. No ones ever squawked yet.

19. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I never move the mic for the shooter after me, just as soon the shooter before me didn't move it for ME either. If he does tho' I understand he's doing it as a courtesy, nothing to get all distracted over either way? I have more important things to think about when I'm getting ready to shoot. It's the shooters own responsibility to make sure he's standing on the correct yardage, when I step unto the new post------always look down to make sure I have my feet placed properly and I'm looking at the correct yardage number.

John C. Saubak

ps------#8

20. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

This is an important topic to me since, I came close one time to shooting at the wrong yardage. Keep your do-goodder hands off the Mic and let me move it!!! One day I was shooting with an older fellow who could hardly walk, everytime we change positions he moved my mic while I stood two feet away from him!!! Complete senselessness. I think it should be a rule as well........

GS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.