1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving sucks a$$

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by hrosik123, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

I'm sure that most of us have done it a few times before but it sucks more than I remember. I swear that this will be my next to next final move. Every time I say I'm never moving again a few years later I'm moving. Next time I'm gonna hire a company. I say that every time also. Just wanted to vent a little. My biggest worry are my guns.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I moved 9 times and most were across country for my job ( all expenses paid by company) and it was always a pain the a$$. They damaged my gun safe twice. I still have things packed 10 years later and have no idea what it is LOL. Every year at Christmas we open a few boxes and are always surprised

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I'll just burn the damn place down before I move again

4. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

sell everything you can part with first, some people pay to move a lot junk that can be replaced.

5. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

Ya I'm looking at burning it! Storage is $200 a month! Don't know where to go that I can afford!

Harry

6. FIB

FIB Member

I've always heard that if you move from one place to another and you haven't opened boxes from a previous move that you don't need that stuff anyway. Hope that came out right........

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

We moved back in February from a home we were in for 16 years. I found things I forgot I had and as well as the second one of the same thing I bought because I forgot about having the first!

Ed

8. Jacob Guthrie

Jacob Guthrie Member

In the middle of my first move and I'm selling stuff unnecessary to take 6 hours left and right.

9. biking

biking Member

Yep, moving is not for the weak hearted. We too have moved quite a few times in the past and the only joy in the process is every-time we do we make a point of renting the largest dumpster possible. We then go through a real cleansing process. Sometimes it hurts to throw that first thing away but after that we get caught up in it and our goal becomes to see if we can fill the dumpster.

10. biking

biking Member

Yep, moving is not for the weak hearted. We too have moved quite a few times in the past and the only joy in the process is every-time we do we make a point of renting the largest dumpster possible. We then go through a real cleansing process. Sometimes it hurts to throw that first thing away but after that we get caught up in it and our goal becomes to see if we can fill the dumpster.

11. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

My wife and I have been married for 8 years. We have moved 7 times. We're back in Georgia now and the only move I'll EVER do again is a 1/2 move to Florida for the winter.

12. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Believe me that I did sell or donate things that I haven't seen or used in months. The worst part of this move is I have to pack and load all of my brothers house along with mine. He went down to TN in April and I stayed here to sell houses and pack up. I think I got the short end of the stick.

13. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Yea, you never know how much stuff you have until you have to move it all!

14. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

What part of Tennessee are you going to be living in? Great state. Born and raised in Nashville (Brentwood area).

15. scorpion

scorpion TS Member

I can't believe you are taking up space here with such an uninteresting stupid topic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.