1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving AGAIN! St. Joe Club to Pikes Peak !

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blade819, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

This moving is killing me! I still have 45 unpacked boxes from moving from Georgia to Fort Wayne IN now we're moving next month to Colorado Springs. My best regards and wishes to the St. Joe Conservation Club who provided me a place to shoot for the past year. They'll be hard to beat but I understand that the Pikes Peak Gun Club will accept my challenge. What I'll truly miss are what I consider the best shooters in the country, right here in the Midwestern States. Big Don... great to finally have met you. I'm looking forward to getting my right shoulder repaired this winter and starting anew in Colorado Springs.

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have been to the Pikes Peak club when visiting our daughter. They have everything: trap, skeet, sporting clays, rifle and pistol. I'm sure you will meet some very fine people.

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I am from Indiana myself, but I really like Colorado and I think you will too. We just need more shooting sites out here. One of our congressional politicions has recently introduced a bill for more money to develop public shooting sites, and he is a Democrat!!!!. Anyway, welcome to Colorado and you will really like the people who form IW Pikes Peak.

4. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info on Pikes Peak. I'm driving out there on the 14th of October and besides looking at houses that weekend, I'll try to get out to the club and maybe even shoot a little. Does the altitude effect the birds? How often does the club have registered shoots? Most important question...does anyone know a good Orthapedic?

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I am originally from ft Wayne, moved to South Dakota, then Colorado Springs, Arizona, Washington and now retired in Idaho. You will miss the shooting from Indiana and Michigan because Colorado does not hold a candle to those clubs. I liked it there but I did not shoot much. ( get ahold of Dwight Bevins, he lives in Rush not far from the springs and he knows all the good clubs) Can't suggest and Ortho but I can suggest a place to look at homes. I built a new home in Glen Eagle on the golf course and my view was the air force academey. Beautiful view and a real nice edition to live in. I dont want to be negative about CS because I have many memories from there and still have some really great friends but not many trap memories.( although I did like Delta) The best trap clubs I have experinced were Indiana, Ohio, michigan, Washington & Idaho. South Dakota was pretty awesome also. Dwight goes to a lot of games and registered shoots. I can hook you up if you desire

6. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

You need a COW Container On Wheels HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I am sorry we didn't get to talk more. I turned around and you had left. The weather was really crappy last Sat. and hurt that shoot a lot. Good luck in your new surroundings and with that shoulder.

Don

8. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

The effect on the birds in our thin air is very slight and almost un-noticable, but the wind is something that will give you fits when shooting in the afternoon. Usually it is really blowing around the time you finishing up your handicap, or shooting doubles. Then comes the shoot-offs. The Club shoots about once a month during the warm months, in fact their last one is this month. They run a very organized shoot and get a lot of shooters.

In Pueblo, about 35 miles South of the Springs, you will find Precision Stock Fit who can help you with a very good anti recoil stock that will help your shoulder. You will see a lot of these stocks out here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.