1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Movie Theater Concealed Carry

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Kim Little, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

A sign of the times. Tonight I went to the batman movie and a 17 year old asked to see in my purse. I was not packing...but what would she have done with a legal concealed carry??? My date asked her "now what does that do for you?" she replied that it was a new policy. Kim

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Say, "No." If they say you have to, ask for a refund and boycott them.

3. Redbone311

Redbone311 TS Member

I believe they were looking for candy like P3AT said. Don't want you to cut into their profit. They want to sell you the 79 cent candy for $4.29. And use looking for your gun as an excuse.

4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I stopped going to footgames and other public events where they frisk you, not because I carry, but becuse I feel it is an invasion of my privacy.

If a property owner tells me no guns, I can live with that, but if they follow that up with a search, I quit doing business with them.

Movie theaters are already on the edge, perhaps this will push them over.

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Whenever possible, I would not consent to a search of my person or property. I don't carry, but have no problem with those who do. Interesting to note that a vast majority of these tragedies occur in "gun free zones", but when's the last time you heard of someone going on a shooting spree @ a gun show? If an establishment isn't willing to allow those who are able to carry legally concealed firearms, then they better employ armed guards to take care of any situation that might arise, otherwise you're basically walking into a shooting gallery if some psycho wants to make it into one.

Doesn't take too much imagination to figure this would be a brilliant way for a group of people to set up a robbery ring. Person @ the door asks to see your purse. Sees you don't have any concealed handguns, but sees you do have a nice new iphone, fat wallet full of 20s and credit cards, keys to a nice car, ect. They text their friends, who wait for you to leave the movie theater, follow you home, and rob you (or worse) knowing for sure that you don't have any way to defend yourself.

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

If it's a new policy they aren't looking for candy.

7. Lyle

Lyle Member

This happened to me right after the Colorado shooting. A 105lb teenager asked to see in my wife's bag saying she was looking for weapons. Exactly what is she going to do if someone is coming there with bad intentions?

I asked to talk to the manager and I asked him if there were armed guards in the theatre. He said there were not but a police station was only 5 minutes away. I told him he was a nice man and I know he didn't make this policy, but if anyone would listen to him he might want to tell his superiors that unless there is an armed guard they have done nothing but take away my right to protect myself and that if someone is going to do harm the 105lb girl at the gate isn't going to do much to stop it. I also asked him how long five minutes would seem when being fired upon while waiting for the police to show up. He didn't know and I told him that I didn't know either, but don't plan to find out the answer to that.
    Oh, my wife had a Glock in her bag.

Lyle

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I bought a Deep Concealment shoulder holster from Active Pro Gear (www.activeprogear.com) and have never been asked if I had a weapon with a Glock 17 in the thing ... You can conceal under any regular shirt with no problem (not under a T-shirt) ... They got all kinds of good stuff for very reasonable prices ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

When seconds count the Cops are only minutes away ...

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Did you see where a man with a CCW permit was in a movie theater, accidentally shot himself in the rear?

10. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Sure hope you weren't too badly injured Stool. Sure hope the Obamacare death panel doesn't decide to euthanize you.

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Stl Farting probably ripped a good one and set off the hair trigger.

12. tomc66

tomc66 Member

In NC you cannot take a gun into a movie theater with a carry permit or without one. The NC law says you cannot take a gun into a place where people gather and there is a charge for admission.

13. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

Did they also have employees guarding the exits????

Stupid.

14. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

There may be a test case for this in Connecticut, where a prominient attorney with a carry permit was arrested(?) for carrying in a theater where it was against theater policy about two, three weeks ago. Yes, Batman. Should be interesting. I think it was in New Haven. Need to find more information.

15. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

ISn't it illegal to search someone like that? Besides, once you bought your ticket they are telling you your welcome to come in. In other words they have given you permission. To then search you is wrong. I would tell them NO and to get out of my way.

16. Gary Beer

Gary Beer Member

No it's not illegal. It's called a consent search. When you open your purse that is giving consent. When you say NO you can't look in my bag then they ask you to leave and you miss the start of the movie??

17. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

If they have a prominatly displayed sign stating their carry rules at the ticket window .... I will abide. If it is a Law .... I will abide. Otherwise, You have no right to search my person.

Same goes for candy, popcorn, etc. I am not submitting to a monetary rape from the Movie Theater. A diabetic should be able to bring his own non-sugared snacks into a theater.

My 32 Seecamp in my pocket is extremely concealed.

BRING BACK DRIVE-INS.

18. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

ImpalaBob, I agree with what you said. If its posted at the window thats one thing. If not don't ask.

Lowe's did at one time post a sign at all doors saying you can't bring a gun in the store. That lasted about 2 months. Their income dropped badly and they took the signs down.

Same thing will happen to the theaters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.