1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

movement in 682 receiver

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jgb, Oct 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgb

jgb Member

I bought a 682 gold top single and I can feel some movement in the back of the trigger guard and next to barrel selector/safety switch when I close he barrel. Does anyone have an idea on what is causing that?

2. mag410

mag410 Active Member

Sounds like the stock bolt is not tight enough. Which will split the stock if left loose. You will have to remove the recoil pad, unless it has been drilled, to get access to the stock bolt. You will need a long 6mm Allen/hex wrench to tighten the stock bolt.

Michael Goines

3. tarhawk

tarhawk TS Member

Exactly what Mag 10 says. I have a 682 that the Stock bolt broke clean off. My 682 came with a stock wrench but since the stock bolt was broken I had a smith repair mine.

4. Franktri

Franktri Member

I had an experience with my old 682. When I changed stocks, apparently I forgot to put the same washers back on and, upon tightening, the long bolt kept the trigger from operating. Without thinking, I loosened the bolt and, voila, cracked the stock in two!! All it would have taken was to put the washer back in!! A hard lesson learned..

5. Franktri

Franktri Member

I had an experience with my old 682. When I changed stocks, apparently I forgot to put the same washers back on and, upon tightening, the long bolt kept the trigger from operating. Without thinking, I loosened the bolt and, voila, cracked the stock in two!! All it would have taken was to put the washer back in!! A hard lesson learned..

6. jgb

jgb Member

Thanks Gentlemen, I will check that stock bolt as soon as I can get the 6mm hex wrench. How many washers should there be?

7. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Like the others indicated it's a loose stock bolt. Included with the gun should be a 6mm hex stock bolt wrench, it's the one with the blue plastic handle. If you shoot a lot you'll prob'ly have to retighten it at least once a year.

John C. Saubak

8. jgb

jgb Member

The stock bolt was loose, I tighten it and everything seems great. A gunsmith friend helped me, but I would like to buy the 6mm long handled hex bolt wrench. I have found a few of them out there. What length do I need. I bought the gun used so no wrench came with the gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.