1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MOVEING TO SOUTH CAROLINA NEED CLUB

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wadshot, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wadshot

wadshot TS Member

Will be moveing to South Carolina in November from Michigan. I am looking to become a member of a gun club. I will be living in Columbia. Lokking for a nice club with some good folks to shoot with. Curt DuVall

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

The ATA website should have a link to all clubs nation wide. www.shootata.com.

Eric

3. reload

reload TS Member

Try this link. Club is about 30 minutes from Columbia down I-26

www.mc-gc.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=6&Itemid=30 - 22k -

4. Lkn4rocks

Lkn4rocks TS Member

wadshot .... Try the URL above, good for most anywhere you go, for most all clay target ranges.

5. trapperjohn

trapperjohn TS Member

If you don't mind a little drive, there is a club called Pinetucky on the Southwest side of Augusta, Ga. that has all types of shooting and a fantastic view. The manager, if it is the same one I met a few years ago, also works on guns.

6. 391 Dude

391 Dude TS Member

Wadshot.................Mid-Carolina gun club just south of Columbia has it all. Also has a couple of us Yankeeeeeeeeessss in it! Try it you'll like it. Steve

7. 391 Dude

391 Dude TS Member

Tron......You might as well move down here too. Less postage I have to spend shipping my 391 to you.... Steve

8. alf174

alf174 Member

when were you going to let me know? :-(

9. wadshot

wadshot TS Member

I was going to let everyone know this week. Will be moveing second week of November. Just cant take Michigan and thier woes any longer. Better to get out now before winter hits and I have to pay six hundred dollar gas bills. My business is down 80% from just three years ago. Looking for a career in South Carolina, better weather, better economy, and a better chance for my family. I will miss all you fine fine folks in Michigan, but ill be back plenty and ill try and keep in touch as much as possible. Im looking foreward to meeting a bunch of new friends in S.C.,and finding a good club to shoot at. I appriciate all the imput and will start checking these clubs out this fall. Curt DuVall

10. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

If you are coming from Michigan then you probably won't find Columbia SC to be too bad. Greenville is very nice, as is Charleston, but I just never got to like Columbia, even after living there for 4 years. The only thing I liked about Columbia is its proximity to Lake Murray and its decent sailing and bass fishing. My mother and sister still live in Greenville, where I went to high school, and like it very much.

11. Southern Gent

Southern Gent TS Member

Hermitage Farms in Camden, just outside Charleston has a very nice sporting clays course.

12. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Curt,

Like you, we are headed to the Santee/Orangeburg area as soon as we sell our house here in NY..(been on the market for a week)... We already have visited the fine folks at the Mid-Carolina Gun Club and one cannot ask for a finer group of people. They pride themselves on their beautiful club and all it has to offer. 5 skeet fields, 8 trap fields, sporting clays, a brand new five stand, 3D archery, and pistol and rifle ranges to die for. We met one of our shooters from NY who had moved down there and we really felt right at home. Look at the Mid-Carolina Gun Club web site, it's beautiful.

Hope to see you there, Dave in NY

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

wadshot - I will look for you at the SC State shoot in Spartanburg next May. Too bad you did not move to SC last month. Spartanburg has a three day shoot this week end.

You will enjoy Columbia and the Mid Carolina club is a pleasant drive from Columbia. To help you get accustom to SC geography, Spartanburg is up state, Columbia/Orangeburg is mid state and Charleston is down state.

Finprof- Do you really like Greenville? So many factories have located in that area and the city has grown so much how can you get around without getting lost?
    Spartanburg and Greenville have almost merged into one city. Perhaps they should combine into one and call it SpartanGreen. When I am in that area, I can see where many of the jobs that used to be in Michigan went.

Pat Ireland

14. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Dave,

Good luck on your new venture! Don't forget to check out Buckridge Plantation.

Your Friend,

Brett D.

15. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

Hi Pat:

I really liike Greenville and still visit my mother and sister there at least once a year. My liking Greenville might be partly due to nostalgia. I moved there in 1964 before all the other Yankees moved down. Our first house was within walking distance of the Greenville Gun Club on Fork Shoals Road. I had to walk becuase I was too young to drive. It also might be partly due to living now in New Jersey, which makes Greenville peaceful and tranquil by comparison.

16. wadshot

wadshot TS Member

Pat, Ill look foreward to meeting you. My brother has lived in Columbia for 10 years and we have played Mid Carolina Golf Club many times, it is a very nice drive up there. We are getting very excited for the change. One of the nice things is we have a very nice 28ft boat that we have been unable to sell here in Michigan because of the hard times with the economy. We are going to take it with us and use it on Lake Murray. It will be nice to use it 8 months out of the year verses 5 months here. Look forward to meeting alot of nice folks down there, altho it will be very hard to leave all the wonderful shooting friends that I have made here in Michigan. Here in Monroe County where I live we have 9 gun clubs and I have some friends at all of them. I will probably miss going to Mason the most and shooting the spring and fall team shoots the most. Im going to do my best to come back up here for the State shoot. I will also be looking for some new golf partners so if any one would like to play golf with a HACK let me know. Curt DuVall

17. wadshot

wadshot TS Member

One more thing when I move and become a resident of S.C. What happens to my life membership of the MTA. Will I still be a member of the MTA or will I now Be a member of the SCTA. When I go to a big shoot will and my name comes up on the board will it be from Michigan or South Carolina. Curt

18. phirel

phirel TS Member

You will still be a life member of the MTA. I do not believe the SCTA requires a separate membership. Most Southern States do not. Just give the ATA a call and they can change your address.

finprof- I have shot at the Greenville Gun Club several times. It is an excellent place to shoot.

Pat Ireland

19. alf174

alf174 Member

Curt, no change to your MTA life membership other than you can't vote. You free for golf Saturday or Sunday? -Jeff

20. Trapmom63

Trapmom63 TS Member

Good Luck on your move Curt!!!

Paul, Liz, Chris Weisgerber

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.