1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MOVEING TO S. CAROLINA # 2

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wadshot, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wadshot

wadshot TS Member

We got a home Friday in Irmo S.C.. Now we need some jobs. My wife was an office manager with all the skills here in Mi., and I have owned my own contracting business for 15 years. Any help would be greatly appriecated. Curt and Shellie DuVall

2. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

OK Curt, Where is Irmo ??? We have our home for sale here in NY and will be headed somewhere between Santee and Orangeburg...and of course, the Mid-Carolina Gun Club.

Hope to meet up with you down there...Dave and Judy Monahan

PS: We are also going to be looking for jobs...LOL

3. wadshot

wadshot TS Member

Irmo is a North suburb of Columbia 15 min from downtown. Email me when you get here and we will go shoot a round. Curt

4. shotgunpeople

Will do Curt...Dave

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Sorry to hear your leaving Curt but I don't blame you leaving this mess they have made of Michigan.

Wish you best of luck and It's been nice shooting with you. Hope to see you at the GLG.

Take care, Shannon

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Last one left in Michigan turn off the lights.

7. wadshot

wadshot TS Member

Thanks everyone, Shannon I will call you before I leave. I was going to anyway. Curt

8. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

You're lucky in more ways than one. Leaving Michigan (snow) and living in the South, plus you can quit that boring Trap shooting and shoot Sporting Clays at a great course in Camden, S.C. by the name of Hermitage Farm. Probably 20-30 minutes away.

9. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

I retired (early) from GM in 1998 -- moved to the Greenville area -- the only thing I miss from the move is the fishing in Lake Michigan and Lake Erie -- nothing down here can compare -- wouldn't go back -- wish I could have lived down here my entire life -- but the good wages and retirement are the trade off -- good wishes in your move

10. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

**We have our home for sale here in NY and will be headed somewhere between Santee and Orangeburg**

It's your business, of course, but take a good look around before you decide on anything in the Orangeburg - Santee area. It's mighty poor country, very few decent jobs, little opportunity.

The upstate, Greenvlle-Spartanburg, is much more properous, good schools and jobs, and two very nice gun clubs in Greenville and Sptbg.

11. wadshot

wadshot TS Member

dmm, I will miss fishing Lake Erie for walleyes and perch. I am looking for new adventures fishing on Lake Murray, I hear the striper fishing is good and so is the crappies and blue gills. We already have a marina for the boat at Timberlake. Curt

12. wadshot

wadshot TS Member

Still looking for jobs.

13. raclarkson

raclarkson TS Member

...little opportunity. But....www.mc-gc.org!

14. shotgunpeople

Smokerz, Actually my in-laws are in a little subdivision near Santee and thats the reason we are headed down there...My wife stumbled onto the Mid-Carolina Gun Club so took me down for a look a couple of years ago and we fell in love with it. Since we are just about retirement age...(very late 50s) we decided to leave NY a little early, and go down and pick out a spot to live out the rest of our years. Since we need just enough to cover health insurance, I figured maybe I can pick up a job in one of the municipalities mowing the parks or something like that...Not looking for any big opportunity any more. 40+ years of opportunity, and it's time to relax.

Looking forward to seeing Robert and Bob, and all the other fine folks once again at the club.

Dave in NY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.