1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MOVE MIDDLE BEAD FORWARD 1 POST, WHAT HAPPENS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    young shooter out at the club said he see's rib between the beads. you would think he would be shooting over targets, but he's right in the middle of them. i told him to leave the beads alone, but he said seeing the rib is really bothering him. i suggested to take the middle bead off. another guy suggested to move the middle bead forward 1 post on his rem 1100. he says he will stop seeing the rib then. my question is, has anyone ever done this, secondly, does your point of inpact change at all. this kid is crushing targets, but says he hates seeing rib?
    steve balistreri

2. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

steve, somethings happen and some don't, depending upon... What will happen is an extra hole in the rib :) Seriously though, there are people bothered with the inbetween space. If moved forward there should be no POI change as long as this young shooter cheeks the stock in the same fashion. But should he now compensate for the new bead relationship then it will.. Many of us prior to adjustable ribs and some even with them notice a space between the two beads. What the young shooter needs schooled upon is to stop paying attention to them and look at the target.

3. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Since he is crushing targets, he has the 10% part and most of the 90% mental part down too. We should keep him focused on breaking targets and not the space between the beads. Move the middle bead up so the kid sees what he wants to see.

Moving the middle bead will not change the POI, unless the kid changes his gun mount. Changing the height of the FRONT bead or the height of the COMB of the stock will change the POI.

Jason

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

if the guns fits you correctly, remove it and throw it away...it's irrelevent

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

SS, tell him he will spoil the balance of the gun if he moves the bead and will just have to get used to the bead relationship he sees now.

Neil

6. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

I have not shot a middle bead in years [8] for ATA or hunting..........

GS

7. senior smoke

ok, i will tell him, but the way he hits targets, i would rather he left the gun alone. what is the big deal if you see rib any how?
    steve balistreri

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

There is a world class shooter who recommends doing just what the young buck wants to do. If you just plain MUST see your perfect figure 8 (meaningless or not) just move the center forward until you have the alleged magic picture. No, I'm not that person - instead I recognize there's lots of space between my front and center bead but ignore it....breakemall....Bob Dodd

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

black sharpie, gets rid of that pesky bead!!

10. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Mac is right. Have him use a sharpie or black nail polish to color the bead or beads. And tell him only newbies and losers look at the rib or bead or gun etc. Jake

11. senior smoke

some good ideas!
    steve balistreri

12. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

I agree with the kid. I don't like to see rib in between my bead stacking. I like a nice flat shooter. Just what I'm used to.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

13. Wilma Harris

Wilma Harris TS Member

Jerry, after looking at your averages, you might want to try seeing a little rib between the two beads.

14. K-80BUD

K-80BUD TS Member

Why not get a taller bead. If you can't get one just right, get one too high and file it down until it is just right. Should be a simple and inexpensive solution and no extra holes in the rib.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.