1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mouse in my grill

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Setterman, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I've got a damn mouse in my grill. She builds a nest every 2 days. How do I keep them out.

I thought about putting our cat in the grill, but I'm afraid I'll light the grill and forget about pussy.

Poopsie makes me clean it now before we use it (she's obviously never been to a deer camp).

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Just turn it on. Adds flavor.

-Gary

3. Setterman

How do think I got it out last time????

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Stuff steel or copper wool in the holes it is getting in thru. Then pull it out before lighting. Stuff it back in before storing. They can't chew thru that stuff or won't anyway.

5. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

mousetrap??

6. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

and what's wrong with a .410?!!

Dave

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Dave, You beat me to it. I was going to say a 410 loaded in the Judge should do the trick!!!

8. Setterman

It's a really nice Holland grill. Prefer to keep it that way!

9. avery53

avery53 Member

Mothballs, but the meat might taste a little different. LOL

Steve

10. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Setterman, Can't you close all the vents and lid to keep the mouse from entering the grill in the first place??? Maybe a little veg. oil on the legs up to keep them from climbing up to the grill??? Piece of Cheese in a mouse trap inside the grill??? Maybe one of these will work. Good Luck and Break-em all Jeff

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Setterman--It is also important to keep the grill grates very clean. The mice are likely attracted to the food smell from cooking. I use the steel wool on mine is why i know it works. I don't have any issues until winter when i store it. Thats when i plug the holes. I had the same problem until the exterminator gave me the steel or copper wool tip. Anything else such as chemicals, poisons or moth balls risks tainting the food you cook.

12. Psycho

Psycho TS Member

See if you can borrow Tron's cat!

13. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Setterman, I can get rid of the mouse for u. It will require you to leave your house for a few days. All I will need is Your wifes help. Im sure she will make sure I have what I NEED and Ill take care of it for you. Really I will. Ill need a few pairs of the g strings for the trap.
    Teet

14. Setterman

First off, I live next to a woods. Plenty of mice. I've trapped a dozen already. They just keep coming. And we grill almost everyday, so cleaning the grates is a pain in the butt.

I like the steel wool in the holes idea best so far.

I just figured with all the Einsteins on this site,(except Teet)someone would have a better idea.

15. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

Now, to be fair maybe you should ask your wife how she feels about Teet's solution. After all she is the one wants the mouse gone. Colonel

16. Setterman

I wouldn't trust Teet around Poopsie. Anyone who sells thongs over the internet is a little shakey.

17. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Does the grill have wheels??

If so, keep changing its location - do so daily, and by a decent distance if you can.

Mice don't have a great sense of direction, per se, (have you ever met a mouse that could read a map?) so if you keep moving it around they will not be able to find their way home.

18. Setterman

It's on wheels but my LP connection comes out of my house. We have a designated BBQ'n area on our concrete deck next to the house.

The gas connection is there, so the grill is there.

19. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

You could tie a black racer snake to it on a long leash.. they love mouses..
    What wont work is one of those plug in pest deterrant deals that emit that secret sound that turn pest away..I plugged one into a wall socket in my camper and had mice droppings all around it..

20. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

marinate in zesty Italian and wrap in bacon and grill. The word in the mouse community will get around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mouse on my grill