1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mountain Lion Hunt

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by esetter, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esetter

esetter Active Member

A lion guide friend of mine called this evening and said he just came across a fresh lion kill on an elk. Said if anyone was interested in a lion hunt he would cut them a great deal on a guaranteed hunt. I did this same hunt last year and it was super. Great guys, great dogs, and super accomodations. This is an all inclusive hunt, with the exception of the license and airfare. Contact me if interested and I'll put the two of you in touch.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

dont need a guide here in Idaho, they are pretty easy to find

3. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

You can judge for yourself whether Mountain Lions are easy to find in Idaho - the link above shows harvest data from 1996 - 2008. One thing it shows is that for every year except 2008 about 75% or more of the Lions were taken using hounds. If you don't have hounds, or the use of them (i.e. an outfitted hunt), you are far less likely to get one. Another interesting trend is the impact of wolves on the harvest - notice in particular the Clearwater Region, where the impact of wolves on elk has been the greatest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.