1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Moultrie Products

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by OGC Director, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

My hunting gang in Pa purchased 3 Moultrie 30gal EZ-fill deer feeders last year. We were happy with the way they worked so another one was purchased this year before the season. When we took the 3 from last year out of storage we found that the set key on the control module on one feeder would not work. We put the other 2 out in Sept. After one month another set key went and the motor burnt up on the other one. By using parts from each we now have one working unit from the original 3 and the new one. Now the set key on the last unit from last year is starting to act up. Moultries warranty is for only one year. Not the performance we expected from a feeder costing $129.

I'm not having much luck with their trail cams either. The lcd display on one camera is very hard to read and the flash on another camera went out after only one season. I have an old camera and feeder that still work great. That's why we went with Moultrie for our new ones. Just not sure what happened with their product quality.

Just wondering what your experience has been with any Moultrie products you may have purchased lately.

Rich in Indiana

2. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Same problem with the Moultrie feeder I had. Worked for about 1 year, then the key pad went bad, could not set the time or change feeding times. A new key pad costs about the same as whole new feeder. Ended up giving it to a neighbor kid who just wanted the metal leg set up.

3. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Moultrie products last just over one year. Thus the one year warranty. Their products are junk period.

4. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I have emailed them with my complaint. The say they have a backlog and it may take a while to get back to me. That should be a heads up to them that they have a real problem with product quality.

Rich in Indiana

5. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

No reply yet.

Rich in Indiana

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Question... Where was the old equipment made, and where is the new equipment made?

7. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Not sure. The stuff is 615 miles away in Pa so I can't check the labels. Makes you wonder thou.

Rich in Indiana

8. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Moultrie's reply to me was a price list for replacement parts. I guess they feel that producing products that last for only one season is okay. I will be looking elsewhere for my next purchase.

Rich in Indiana

9. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Sent in a camera 3 weeks ago. Not a word from them yet. It lasted about 6 months. I will buy another brand next time. China junk.

10. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Anybody using an easy to fill, easy to program feeder, that is holding up well to the elements? I'm looking to replace my Moultrie junk.

Rich in Indiana

11. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I will be headed back home to Pa next weekend. I plan on stopping at Gander Mountain to see if they have a kit that will fit on the Moultrie feeders I have. Hope someone has something that works. I would hate to have to buy Moultrie replacement parts if they will only last one season.

Rich in Indiana

12. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Not only was my Moultrie feeder a pile of junk, yesterday my Moultrie game camera quit working, 1 1/2 years old. Same deal as the feeder, key pad won't take comands. Both a smelly pile of China made junk. Never again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.