January 1,2008 Sausage Shoot at the Moulton Gun Club

75 targets 16 yd Program
I believe this is the 70th annual New Years day shoot at the Moulton Gun Club

Good Sausage - Good fun - Free Sausage Sandwichs

Starting time approximatly 10:30 AM

Startimg 2 squads at a time

For directions go to moultongunclub.com
or go about 6 miles West of interstate 75 on Rt. 33 then south about 1/2 mile
on Bay Rd, or about 7 miles East of St. Marys on Rt. 33 then South on Bay Rd.

Thank you Dave Berlet

#12 ·
I had to leave prior to all the squads finishing up. Who won the shoot? Art (?) Black was leading with a 72X75 when I had to go. A great shoot that I won't miss from here on out. Very tasty sausage sandwiches of different varieties. Shoot was very well attended, while the birds danced somewhat in the 30 mph plus wind they flew nicely for the conditions that we had to endure. Overall a great club, wonderful food and good birds. Too bad my pitiful 65X75 probably didn't get me enough to buy a cold cup of coffee!, but I still had a good time. Thanks to the Berlet family.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

#13 ·
72 stayed high. There were 3 - 72's Al Black, Britt Havenar,& John Mueller.
I beleive that the 65's paid 2 pounds unless you had 23 or more on one of the 25's.
We would liked to have had better weather but we can't pick the weather.
Glad you enjoyed yourself.
Thank you Dave Berlet

#14 ·
More to the old saying "be careful what you wish for". It was definitely cold and windy. Great time and will be back next year. I will not say what I broke but food was great. Jerry Beach do you ever shoot at Indian Lake? I have been working at the Honda Plant for last couple weeks and pass the club on way to eat. Looks like a nice set up. I live close to Middletown Sportsman Club but might come up there to shoot sometime. Happy New Year to all!!

#15 ·
More to the old saying "be careful what you wish for". It was definitely cold and windy. Great time and will be back next year. I will not say what I broke but food was great. Jerry Beach do you ever shoot at Indian Lake? I have been working at the Honda Plant for last couple weeks and pass the club on way to eat. Looks like a nice set up. I live close to Middletown Sportsman Club but might come up there to shoot sometime. Happy New Year to all!!

#16 ·
pj- yes, I've shot at Indian Lake numerous times. As a matter of fact I shot some of my earliest birds there probably about 1968 or 1969. They've rebuilt just about all their houses and repoured their spiders. A nice club, good people who run it. Only thing that is a negative is that their birds are about 10+ feet too high at the pole. There must be a bunch of duck hunters there as they like their tremendously high targets. Their motto is "Quit whining and shoot the targets". I guess if you know that going in one won't be surprised. Hope to make it down to Middletown to shoot the Sat. day calcutta.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.