1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

motors liquidation stock

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by KENENT1, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

Just sold my "motors liquidation" stock today......

for those that don't know, it is what the government gave the stock holders for their shares of GM stock, when they stole our money and gave part of it to the union and the rest back to GM for the bail out.

purchased @ $6.00 a share......sold @ $.627......!!!

talk about a bad taste in your mouth!!!!!

I wonder how many retirees lost their ass on this???

tony

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The United States Govenment is a not for profit organization and depends on all of our tax dollars to exist ... Think about it ...

If something is broken the Government can fix it (not) and if its not they can fix that too ... All other questions see the above statement ...

WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

how much have we got back from AIG??

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

The also did for the dollar, what they did for GM! Go across the "pond" and see what the dollar can buy today, compared to a few years ago.

5. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

L-T-S, I feel for the people of Enron, they were screwed royally, the management of Enron went to jail.

The GM stock deal is a little different....the government stole our money and gave it to the union as a political payback.

tony

6. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

LTS.....I own and operate a small machine shop, I can tell you a lot of stories of the jobs we have lost to China...they seem to be able to make the parts and ship over here cheaper than we can buy the material...so we can not even work for free and compete with them....

We have had 4 customers file bankruptcy on us this year, and stick us with open invoices, that has just about put us out of business, then this GM stock deal has cost us a lot of money also...

My wife an I are starting to think maybe we should just close up and become Dumocrats to cash in on the hand outs.....before they take everything we have.

I feel better already!!! lol

tony

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Tony, I feel your pain and have seen some of the same here in the northeast. I think our economy is in worse shape than we're led to believe. Many people and business's on the brink. I hope I'm wrong, but there's not a lot of good happening out there. Our state government here in MA is in worse shape than the Fed's if you can believe that, and they're still trying to give more away to illegal's. GOD help us all, we as a Nation are in deep do-do. Shoot often while we can, Bob

8. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

We as a people have to get it in our head that retiring is a luxury that has to be from investments in ourselves.

Even John Adams got took in the Speculation Business.

Thinking that you are going to win, at speculating, has severe consequences. The business is to make fortunes on the investor, accept it, get over it.

You gamble you lose, fact of life.

9. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

221......I think the government taking over big business, and moving the share holders out is a little more than getting took in the speculation business.

tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.