1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MotoGP/Dirt Track racing @ Indy this weekend

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ec90t, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

For those of you coming to Indy this weekend for the MotoGP race there is also a couple of other motorcycle races going on.

On Friday Night there is some Speedway/quad racing going on at the Marion County Fair grounds on the southeast side of town. This is a nice short track venue and there will be racers from all over the world competing in the speedway competition. The track is a big 1/4 so the racing is intense.

Saturday night is the Indy Mile at the Indiana State Fair grounds. This is where the best of the best compete on a 1 mile dirt oval at speeds well over 100mph with no front brakes. If it's anything like last year, a truely not to miss event.

Something is going to happen at the Indy Mile this year that hasen't happened since 1975. "King" Kenny Roberts is going to ride his famed Yamaha TZ700 powered flat tracker at speed around the mile. This is one of the most legendary racing motorcycles that has ever been assembled.

Of course Sunday is the MotoGP race itself.

If you see this motorcycle and a big ole ugly SOB riding it, say hi and I'll buy you a cold beverage of your choice. Lol.

<a href="http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm301/ecshooter/?action=view┬Ąt=gsx1100g007.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

A couple of links below are for the flat track racing going on here in Indiana. The second one will take you to the schedule of Friday nights events.

http://www.indianaflattrack.com/

http://www.midamspeedway.com/

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Ok Eddie,

A beverage on me at a future date for knowing what model of Suzuki. And yes, a great engine indeed. Plenty of power and very smooth!

ec90t

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The Mile at Indy is the best prepared track in the country. There and Louisville Downs have horse track groomers wh know how to create the perfect cushion.

I wish I could be there. ONe good thing: Wifey took vacation to enable us to go to Springfield Labor Day.

The rest of you folks, if you haven't seen bikes on the Mile and get a chance, by all means do so.

HM

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I can't believe that bike will haul your fat azz around, what a powerful motor!

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Less than I day before all the festivities begin:>)

6. chrisg

chrisg Member

I used to have a GS1100E that was the same color as that one. I loved that bike!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.