1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

motels Montana State Shoot Helena Mt

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, Programs & Results' started by PatMan, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatMan

PatMan TS Member

Holiday Inn Express and Jorgenson's Inn are offering discounted rates for the state shoot in Helena July 11-15. The Holiday Inn is close to the trap club and double queen or single king rooms are $119.00 Jorgenson's double queen rooms (newly remodeled) are $85.00 and also includes breakfast in the restaurant. Jorgenson's is about 5 minutes further from the club. Telephone for Holiday Inn is 406-442-7500.. Jorgenson's is 406-442-1770. Be sure to mention attendance for the shoot for the discount.
  2. PatMan

PatMan TS Member

3. Trap MD

Trap MD TS Member

PatMan,
    Do you happen to know the shooting program?
  4. ric3677

ric3677 Active Member

Wed....

singles, handicap, doubles

Thursday....

singles, Handicap, and Dbls Class Championship Doubles

Friday....

State Doubles championship.

Class singles championship

Handicap

Sat.

first half of the Montana State Singles

Prelim Handicap

Butte Rod and Gun Medal 40 bird non registered

Sunday

Second half of the Montana State Singles

Handicap Championship

Hope you can make it.

Rick in MT
  5. Trap MD

Trap MD TS Member

Rick,
    Thank you, so much for the information regarding the program for the Montana State Shoot. My husband, my parents, and I are planning on coming up to Helena for the state shoot. We are looking forward to the beautiful scenery and to have fun shooting.

Thanks, again!

Michele from Nebraska
  6. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

This is a great shoot. First shot it in '88. I always enjoy the club & people. Decent flat background,Helena fun to visit,state capitol. Go to the museum on the capitol grounds,well worth it. Only minus is 14 traps resulting in 3 banks so at times a bit slow,late finish. Used to live in Indiana so I know a good shoot.
    Tom from Hamilton,MT.
  7. Trap MD

Trap MD TS Member

Thanks, Tom! Are there any good steak houses / restaurants that you would suggest that we check out? I am also assuming that we should bring jackets as I have heard that it can be quite chilly in the mornings. I am sure that it won't be 100 degrees like it is in Nebraska during the July heat. Are there any other activities or sights that we need to make sure and see or do while we are in Helena? We are planning on driving up through Yellowstone prior to coming up to Helena.

Thanks,

Michele from Nebraska
  8. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

July can be quite HOT in Montana too, altho' it usually cools off at night.

John C. Saubak

Peerless, Montana
  9. ric3677

ric3677 Active Member

Tom,

Just so you know, they are running 6 banks for the State Shoot, so don't get caught waiting.

Michele,

Lots of good places to eat in Helena. My daughter and family live in Helena and we go to visit. I will get some names of places for you and have a list when we meet in Helena.

I am in Spot 6 in the trailer parking and you can ask any of the locals who the State Secretary is and they will point me out. I will be handicaping at the front desk the first couple of days.

Rick in MT
  10. Trap MD

Trap MD TS Member

Thanks, Rick!

I will make sure to look you up when we get to Helena. Looking forward to the shoot!

Michele
  11. PatMan

PatMan TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.