1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Motels in the Marengo, Ohio Area

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hoosier, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Could someone give me the names of a few motels in the Marengo area that are good, clean places to stay. Thanks

2. Trap4

Trap4 Member

Super 8 in MT Vernon around 18 miles from the Cardinal Center and a very relaxing drive.

Trap-4

3. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Larry,Thanks I have done that. Only problem is it doesn't tell me which motels are good and which ones are bad. Thanks Trap4 for the information.

4. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

hoosier... I stayed at Mt. Vernon last year and it's a great little town. However, considering that the Cardinal Center is right off I-75, it's probably a lot quicker and more convenient to stay at any of the number of Hotels north of Columbus. About the same distance as Mt. Vernon but at 75mph.

5. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

From my house (N. Cols.) Cardinal is 30-40 min. max. Blade 19 is probably right. Delaware,Rt. 36s has some motels, how good I dont know.

Other towns such as Mt. Gilead and Galion are nice but probably no lodging.

Give Cardinal a call. Probably someone there that can help.

Regards...Gerald

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

They have very nice new little cottages on location at the new shooting complex in Marengo.

7. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

I would appreciate knowing just how to secure one of said "nice new little cottages" at the shooting complex in Marengo.

When we inquired about renting one of them last year (for 2008), Mr. Wengerd was about as non-commital as Gov. Spitzer will be at his impending impeachment hearings.

I have a very sad and serious feeling that only those with an inside track to the Ohio State Organization, or other "influential" or wealthy individuals will be seeing the inside of those new nice little cottages........

8. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

We stayed at the Amerihost in Delaware. Past a lot of other hotels in that area. When we left the shoot we went out the drive to the west and took back roads to Route 23 or 42 and hotel was on 23. If I remember it was 18 miles. Hotel had refridge in room and continental breakfast.Lots of eating places nearby. This was 2 years ago so no idea on prices.

9. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

We stay at the Days Inn located on the next exit south, ask for Larry. Larry is the only Indian I have ever had contact with that has a sense of humor. We went into one of the cottages last year during the NRA hog roast and they looked really decent???

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

There are a number of hotels on the Rt 36/37 exchange with Rt 71. They are about 10 miles South of the shoot, and all pretty good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.