1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

motels for the Grand

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ky.shooter, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ky.shooter

ky.shooter Active Member

Could someone give me some information about the Best Western in Nashville, Il. and the Super 8 in Okawville, Il. My main concern would be how clean they are. Thanks, Ky. shooter

2. HHS

HHS TS Member

We spent 3 nights at the Best Western in Nashville the first week of the Grand. The way it looked we thought is was brand new, but owner said it's about 10 years old. (local owner, very clean and well maintained)Basic breakfast included in the morning, nice outdoor pool (great in the heat last year) Reasonable rates and a nice 35 minute drive to Sparta on good paved roads through some beautiful farm country. (took about a cup of coffee to get there, no traffic)
    Between Nashville and Sparta are a few little county towns with some good restaurants, always ate at one of them on the drive back at night. I'd stay there again.

3. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Had a reservation at the Super8 Okawville last year. Cancelled several days ahead of the cancellation deadline and they charged me anyway. Still fighting that through the credit card company. Several employees asked me to fax the cancellation confirmation and I did several times. Nothing resulted from that so I had to dispute it through the card company. I would drive from Chicago every day of the Grand before I would consider doing business there again.

Bob

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Just made resv at the BW in Nashville, saw it last year and liked it. $72 a night plus taxes, etc.

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

BW in Nashville is fine. Was very clean, clean pool...Wife really enjoyed it. Not to bad a drive to the Grand from their either after you figure out the "shortcuts"

Jim Chapman
    Michigan

6. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

check out the B&B's in the area....better'n any hotel...and they don't STINK of curry

7. Go Fish

Go Fish Member

A friend and I stayed at the Okawville Super 8 in 2006. The motel is not the cleanest and the furniture needs to be replaced. Motel was managed by a family from India. I had made reservations over the internet and when I checked in they would not honor the room prices I had. Had to pay current rate. After I got home I 1) cancelled the credit card payment, 2) contacted Super 8 and explained what had happened, but, to make a long story short, I did get the difference back from Super 8. My reservations were for two ground floor non-smoking rooms. I ended up on the 1st floor, in a smoking room, my friend ended up on the 2nd floor, also in a smoking room. But what was the crowning event of this stay happened on the last day, Friday, we were there. It rained Thursday night and my room was the last room before you went outside. When I woke up Friday morning my room had 10 or more beetles running around on the floor. Found out that when it rains the beetles like to come into room I was staying in. Appears they were not too fond of rain either. Before we left we made reservation for next year, we were the very first to make reservations. Last December I get a call from Okawville Super 8 telling me that they had overbooked and my reservation was cancelled. Did find a room for the grand at the Super 8 in Pinckneyville. Very nice motel

8. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Pville Super 8 wouldn't honor my printed out confirmation in 06 and I had to pay an inflated rate but like you, got it back from Super 8 National. The Indian guy in Pville is a CROOK, Stu Wright can tell all sorts of stories about him. He owns the one in DeQuoin too, not Stu but Apu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.