1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

motels around cardinal

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xtj, Jul 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xtj

xtj Guest

where can you stay around marengo ohio cardinal classic for clean reasonable rate motels any information good or bad would be appreciated.

JKG

2. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

Just one exit south of the cc ia a holiday inn express and hampton inn. Both are within 10 to 15 mins away. I have heard the hampton is the best rate, Check them both good luck I think you will enjoy the cardinal.

3. xtj

xtj Guest

ttt

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Plenty of motels right off I-71 (both north & south of the Cardinal). Go to the Cardinal website and you'll find a bunch of motels listed.

Curt

5. clayman51

clayman51 Member

As stated above,less than 15 mins south of the Cardinal. We just stayed at the Hampton during the Ohio State shoot. They do give you a discount if you tell them you are going to the Cardinal Center.

6. clayman51

clayman51 Member

Here is the information you need

Hampton Inn Columbus/Delaware I-71 North Hotel, OH - Exterior 7329 State Route 36 & 37
    Sunbury, Ohio, USA, 43074
    1-740-363-4700
    4.07 miles from city center

Dennis

7. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Many motels heading south on 71. Many cheap as well since they have to have enough for OSU games and the state fairs.

I usually hit the Motel 6.

8. Beau69

Beau69 Active Member

nameisjoe,
    Which Hotel 6? What exit I mean? Was looking at that one but reviews online were...meh??

Is it alright? Im not looking for anything fancy!
    Beau

9. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

There is one just south of 270 off of 71. The exit is around 118 I think. There is a plethora of motels in that area.

One of the Motel 6 are at the rt 161 exit and there is one as you head west on 270. I would say both are less than 20 minutes from the Cardinal Center but there are more motels that you will pass.

Maybe this link will help: http://www.motel6.com/AccorMaps/M6ProximitySearch.aspx

105,000 people go to OSU football games in that area on a weekend. The local motels in the area wont even notice the people from the shoot.

10. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

If you plan on staying in hotels in side the 270 beltway - especially in the I-71/161 or Morse Rd areas - be very vigilant at night - leave nothing in your car -

11. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Nice try Yak....

I stay in the area regularly and lived in Columbus at one time. I would stay in any of the motels there. You will find a plethora of restaurants in the area as well.

I am not sure if I am going to camp that weekend or get a room. I wont decide until just before the shoot. I am not worried about not finding a room and the campgrounds at the CC is massive.

12. yakimaman

I live in Columbus now and have been here 20 years. I would not stay in any motel in the 161, or Morse Rd area. I don't speak Spanish or Somali and don't want to be looking over my shoulder if I go out after dark.

13. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

BS Yakima LOL

14. Bavaria-Grade

Bavaria-Grade Member

It is a little further away, but I prefer the Sheraton on Hutchinson Avenue.

15. xtj

xtj Guest

ttt

16. noiceracing

noiceracing Member

I agree with yak if your looking for a hotel or motel do not stay in side 270 on the northside stay at Polaris or 36/37 the crime rate is high and there is a shooting about every other day. I've lived in or around columbus all my life and the north side has been getting bad for the last 10 years.
    Kevin Noice

17. yakimaman

Tell you what "nameisjoe" I put my email address on there - you think it's BS, come by and stay a few days at Morse and 71. You want to flame my response then have the balls to put your email address down. You don't live here, I do and I've watched the north end of this city turn into a cesspool over the last 10 years. I don't even like going there in the daytime let alone stay in a Motel 6 or some other in that area. Plenty to choose from without going there.

18. skeetrap

skeetrap TS Supporters TS Supporters

Holiday Inn Express /1-740-362-3036/ 7301 E Sate Rd 37- Sunbury, OH 43074. 14 min from club. Larry

19. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

Last weekend the good guys car show was in columbus, two show cars were stolen from a hotel parking lot on 161 kust west of interstate 71. just sayen

20. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

????? What will the Hampton Inn, south of Marengo about ll miles be LIKE??? On I-71.......Is this in the "sunni triangle" ???? "run em"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cardinal shooting center ohio motels

motels around cardinal shooting center in ohio