1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Motel in Havre, MT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Old Cowboy, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Making plans to attend the ATA shoot in Havre, Montana June 21, 22.

Does anyone here know the name of the motel just across the street (HWY 2) from the 4 Bees cafe. Some years ago I think it was called the "Le Havre Inn", is this the same place that's known now as the "Townhouse Inn"?

John C. Saubak

2. hangn7

hangn7 TS Member

That is the same place. Beware the streets a pretty messy right now with paving to start as soon as it starts to dry up. Hope to see you at the shoot. Mark

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Thank you Mark.........I'll be there

John C. Saubak

4. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Oh and BTW........how do you get to the Trap Club from town? I've flown over Havre many times and seen it from the air, never drove to it tho'. I'm guessing you take the avenue that leads out past the old (closed) gunsmith shop and turns into the highway leading south out to the BearPaws and then prob'ly take a left a mile or two out of town? Does this sound about right?

John C. Saubak

5. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

pronounced Have er

John, that's the correct street and you turn left right after the bridge. They will have a sign I am sure.

shoot em well........Rickyd

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The shoot in Havre is the 2nd half of the Montana/Alberta shoot. The first half is in Medicine Hat the weekend of June 7-8. The trophies are independent.

7. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

MIA,

Havre.....pronounced like Rickyd says.

When Jim Hill built the ol' Great Northern Railroad line across northern Montana back in 18 something he named all the crossings after major European cities, some of 'em grew to be good sized towns themselves, some didn't. If I'm not mistaken Havre was named after a city in France?

Your history trivia lesson for the day.

John C. Saubak

8. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

I had good chow at 4Bees when I was passing thru to Glacier, about 5 years ago.

9. George MT.

George MT. Moderator Staff Member

I went thru Havre last fall on my way to Zortman for and antelope hunt, and was really surprised at all the construction going on.Hope you have a good time at thier registered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.