1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Most x-pensive 25 targets!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Well we spent a day in the Va. Mtns., stopped at the Homestead in Hot Springs. They said I could shoot trap. Now check this out, $36.00 for 25 targets with my own ammo & gun. $52.00 for 25 targets with their gun and ammo. Can't figure what it would cost to shoot all the events @ the Grand at those rates.

Phil Berkowitz

2. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

I think that was their way of saying they didn't want you to shoot there.

3. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

They have an outdoors unlimited package starting at $325 a night. The package includes room accommodations and 1) Golf on Lower Cascades Course 2) Fly Fishing 3) Archery 4) Canoeing 5) Kayaking 6) Scenic Drive Tour 7)Paintball 8) Sporting Clays 9) Mountain Biking 10)Gorge Hiking 11) Bowling 12) Skeet 13) Group Horseback Ride and 14) access to the Jefferson Pools.

This is similar to the Shooting Academy at the Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in Pa. Check out the video: http://www.shooting-academy.com/Nemacolin%20Video.html. Here is the Nemcolin information:

All prices below reflect per person pricing, unless otherwise stated.
    Shooting Packages Include: Targets, ammo, gun rental, safety equipment and a Shooting Academy Guide.

100 Targets $125 / Equipment $75 / Without Equipment

75 Targets $105 / Equipment $65 / Without Equipment

50 Targets $85 / Equipment $55 / Without Equipment

25 Target Introduction $50 / Equipment N/A

5-Stand $40 / Equipment $25 / Without Equipment

Extra Targets over 100 Targets $1.25 /Equipment $.75 / Without Equipment

If you have to ask how much then...

4. Jamnss

Jamnss TS Member

$3,888.00 for all events w/o daily fees, options or ammo. WOW I would have to just stay home. Jeff Ryals

5. JTEA

JTEA Member

I used to see ads for cruise ships that threw clay targets off the rear of the ship. What do (did) they charge for those? Wouldn't be surprised if it was $5 / bird.

JT

6. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Prices like that are meant to keep people like me from shooting there..

7. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

There is a club around me that’s like that. Open to the public for $25 per 25 targets for trap or 5-stand, $125 for a 100 bird sporting clay. Members price... $5 per 25 or $1500 per year for UNLIMITED shooting. Membership requires two sponsoring members...good luck with that.

8. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I have actually been to a club that didnt charge outragious prices to keep you away.. they just let you know while you were there shooting that they didnt want you there..

9. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

RIFF RAFF???????? Just because a person doesn't want to pay those prices he is considered riff raff?

Mr. Riff Raff,
    and dang proud of it.

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Riff Raff? Me too! Do a "goof" on those snooty clubs, call 'em up and act like you are planning a big party and waste their time. Discuss menu, price, seating, desert, music, liquor schedule, wine list, all of the details. Ask if they have French truffles as a garnish and black cavier. Get real specific. Maybe even ask if there are some kids there to carry and then clean your guns after shooting.

Then ask if you can bring your OWN claybird throwing machine and contractor's generator. Also ask if they sell diesel since some of the guests will be driving from a long distance. While you are at it, also ask if they have spitoons and jumper cables.

Also ask for two kinds of meat for dinner: Possum and squirrel. That'll keep 'em going..but passive aggressive, so maybe they won't get it..

11. honorable mention

honorable mention TS Member

No gne, Riff Raff you're not; you remain a E Texas Hippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. blowin smoke

blowin smoke TS Member

We stayed there a few months ago and were able to buy some sort of activity pass for $50 bucks. It included horseback riding, golf, bowling AND the gun club. I shot 100 sporting clays and a round of 5 stand using my own gun and shells and asked the guy what I owed him and he said Nothing. I gave him a nice tip, and left there thinking what a deal! We also did the horseback and bowling for just the price of that pass. Check into the activity pass if it is still available next time you stay at the hotel.

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

30 years ago 5 targets for $5.00 off the back of a cruse ship.

14. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

It was greenbriar, its one of the most exclusive resorts around. What do you expect.

15. notarget

notarget TS Member

635 G said he went to the Homestead,not the Greenbrier. They are two separate resorts. The Greenbrier is in West Virginia. They advertise $45 per round for guests, but I don't know if non guests are allowed to shoot there.

16. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Oh, I am sorry, I misread for some reason i thought he said the Greenbrier. Either way, it is an upscale resort and expect exorbitant prices.

17. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The greenies got to the ships ... lead pollution in the ocean! We'd have to shoot from now till the second coming to even get close to the mess BP has made!

Bob

18. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Hey, Mark425,

Where is that club you mentioned? At $1,500/year for unlimited targets that's a bargain. I'd try like hell to get into that club.

19. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Hot Springs has gone up. It was $25.00 with their gun and ammo.

20. capvan

capvan Active Member

It was $5 per bird on the cruise ship I was on. The interesting part was that you weren't allowed to touch the ammo. The cruise guy put the shell in, handed you the gun, stood VERY close and then took the gun after you broke the straight-away, close, bird. And you had to stand in line.

Like everything else on that cruise, had a good time, wouldn't ever do it again.

capvan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.