1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Most unusual Ljutic on Gun Broker

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim R, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

If you have never seen a top lever Ljutic there is one listed on Gun Broker now.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322780151

2. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I don't think that is a "real" Ljutic; I believe the name was used in a quasi-misleading/counterfeit situation with some of the shotguns made overseas. But....I'm drawing upon fumes of a memory re. this situation from a couple of years back. Somebody else might be able to better enlighten?

3. PapCharlie

PapCharlie Member

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322880814

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The seller is from Victor Montana, the home town of the famous Gary Bulley

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Interesting--

Now the other comment is interesting also about older Ljutics of that age shold be retired?

Did anyone catch that?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

I have Ljutic #66 made in 1966 and have shoot it for 30 years, it will outlast me for sure.

7. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Yeah, I read that too, very interesting about retiring older ljutics. I have a 69 monogun that looks, locks and operates as new. Kind of a pretty dumb comment on ljtuic's part.

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I wonder if that comment that all older Ljutics of that age should be retired was based on the steel used at the time? Or heat treatment or what?

Ljutic has both covered their butt but also opened themselves to questions with that comment.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

9. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Shorty Hancock of Indiana shot a 2 digit Ljutic until the barrel came out of the monobloc.

10. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

I have Ljutic serial number 23, the very first gun produced in Washington. It has a manufacturer date of 1964. One through twenty-two were produced in Nevada before the Ljutic's moved to Washington according to Mrs. Ljutic.

The gun performs flawlessly and is shot on a regular basis. It still crunches them today the way it did in 64!

docbombay_2011_020127.jpg

Doc

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I had a friend in San Diego California (Miramar Gun Club) who I believe has passed on, but when he retired from shooting he sold his Ljutic #4 to another fellow. Must have been about 1997 or so. the new owner purchased my old Mono stock as I had a PFS, and sent the gun to Ljutic for a rebuild. To my knowledge he is still shooting it.

12. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Shorty Hancock of Indiana shot a 2 digit Ljutic until the barrel came out of the monobloc.

Never heard him called shorty before, just chippy, Charlie, and dumb ass. I also don't remember him shooting the barrel from a monobloc, and I have heard ALL his stories. I do remember him shooting the Ljutic so much the stock rotted off and the trigger fell out. I took it to the Grand and had it repaired for him. I believe he is up to 700,000 targets now.

13. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Unloader: PHEW, sure glad I've NEVER owned a Ljutic, or live in the great state of Montana, been there "beautiful", lived in Longmont, Colorado for a few years. Ross Puls a different R.P.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.