1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Most Popular Brand of Trap Gun in Use Today?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Straight50, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Straight50

Straight50 Member

What is the most popular brand of trap gun in use at ATA events today? I tried to do a search and did not find a thread or poll on the subject, but did find several threads on peoples favorite. Most everyone had several favorites in fact.
    What do you guys think is the most popular brand? What brand do you shoot today, and what would you buy if you were looking for a new gun?

2. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

In my neck of the woods it's Browning all the way. I ite add that they are far from my favorite.

3. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

Most bang for the buck, and been making firearms for 600 years...Beretta...

4. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Interesting link to firearms production. Not specifically trap shotguns. Mark

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

There are too many guns out there to be specific, I guess you should use Mfgrs
    production reports relating to trapguns only.

Beretta, Browning, Ljutic, Perazzi, Chas. Daly, Win 101s, Rem 1100s & 870s, Winchester Model 12s

To just name a few

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

The brand I see most often on the line is Browning....
    The brand in the winners circle?.... not so often Browning.

7. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

The numbers aren't as strong as some of the brands listed above, but most everybody I know wants to own and shoot either an LC Smith or a Parker.

8. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

I see a lot of P-guns. Most desired might be a K-gun or Silver Sietz. I'm happy with my Ljutic but it is far from the most popular. Marc

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I would have to say Browning followed by Beretta. Those two I suspect represent at lease 60% of the Trap guns out there, maybe more. On the high end side it would have to be Perazzi.

10. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Maybe we should ask what is the most frequent winner or better yet: what gun based on number of owners proportionally wins most often. P guns seem to have frequent wins, I'm not so sure that Seitz owners are really that frequent winners. My personal most wins were with Alfermann and Kolar (Of course I sold them!). AJ

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Most frequent wins? In American trap championship events I'd venture it' Beretta, Krieghoff and Perazzi...

12. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Trap and Field unless they have changed ask what gun and what ammo you used when you won. They might have some reports that would show gun brand as winners

13. warren

warren Member

Browning hands down

warren

14. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

At my little club it is Brownings. Lots of XT's BT-99's and Citori's. Next would be Remington 870's and 1100's. After that some Beretta O/U's and 391's.

Wayne

15. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

It might be a sign of the times but at one local club about 12 or 14 years ago many of the BT99 and lower price gun shooters started upgrading to P guns, Beretta's, K guns, Kolars, ljutics, etc. Now many of those same men are shooting 1100 Remingtons, 870's, etc. Some have sold off the higher end guns, some still have them in the closet. The score sheets look about the same also.

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I would have to think Perazzi but not by a huge difference anymore ... I see a lot of Kreigoffs and some of the All Americans have made the switch over for what ever reason ... What truly amazes me is that Kolar never comes up when talking about the most popular trap gun in use today but those that have and shoot them swear by them ... I am seriously considering going back to basics and shoot my Model 12 which is still a favorite to many shooters yet today ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

There are lots of Brownings, and they are good for the weekend 50 target shooter.

Will they hold up like a P-gun, or Ljutic? No.

True, there are lots of Brownings out there, just as there are lots of Fords on the freeway.

Is the Ford the best car? No. Is it a Rolls? No. Is the Browning a K-80? Not now, not then, not ever.

The most reliable and favored by many top shooters gun is still the K-80.

18. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

WPT, I think , back to basics, is an age related thing. Everytime I see Bill Grill shooting on of his Ithaca SBT guns, I get the urge to go old school and just enjoy it.

I'd love to see a doubles (sxs) event at our State shoot....

19. Kim Z.

Kim Z. Member

Here in Southern California ($$$), I see a lot of P guns at Triple BBB range in South El Monte. Not being one to follow the crowd, I shoot the classic Ljutic Mono Gun. Popularity of shotguns vary by different regions of the country. I hear Ljutics are extremely popular in the Pacific Northwest, Ohio, and Indiana.

Kim

20. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

At the NSSA World Shoot a while back, I remember filling out a survey including guns being shot when signing up. I wonder if the Grand American has a similar survey that would include guns being shot. I can tell you what they shot at the Grand 100 or more years ago.

Search tags for this page
gmoist brand in gun
most popular shotgun brands

most popular trap gun

most popular trap guns

most popular trap shotgun
most used trap gun by the pros
what is the most common brand shotgun
worlds 3rd most popular gun