1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MOST MEMORABLE THANKSGIVING!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    WHAT WAS YOUR MOST MEMORABLE THANKSGIVING? let me tell you mine.
    i have always loved thanksgiving. as a boy, my mother would wake up around 4am and start all the cooking. seems like yesterday, when waking up the smell in the house was something i will never forget. my brother and i would help my parents set up the dining tables etc. my grandparents would come over, i would run out to the car to greet them and help bring in more food to my mom. one particular thanksgiving we had a snowstorm and we were all snowed in. from a child's perspective, life could not have gotten any better. must have drank a quart of egg nog by myself. we would play cards, play with cousins and watch the football games. i remember hearing most of the women say that they planed to start a diet the very next day. alot of these relatives are no longer with us. i really miss them. no one can ever take away your memories. i want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. alot of us argue over the year, but we are a good group of people. i feel of all of sport, shooters are the best!!
    take care,
    Steve Balistreri

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I was attending college in southern Idaho and caught a ride home to Alberta with a guy who had a new '66 GTO....500 mile in 6 hours!! That thing definately hauled A$$!!! freaked out my Mom when I walked in the door about 4 hours early...

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

In a bunker in Vietnam 1965. Near the DMZ cold, fog, mist, "C" rats. I was 19 years old, and not a happy camper.

4. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Many! Driving home to TX to have dinner with mom and dad with Dad cooking turkey in his old refrigerator smoker. Another when my best friend called to say his mom had just passed away. On this day last year, Jimette's mom passed at 8PM.

All were memorable, the feeling of home and family and good friends. My second favorite day of the year.

shot410ga.....thanks for your service!!!!

milt

5. Steve A.

Steve A. Member

Steve,

Reading your post reminded me of the many super nice Thanksgiving days I spent in the early 60's at my aunt Mildred Kruger's. Just like your group, the whole bunch from my dad's side of the family would go there mid-morning and stayed thru 2 huge meals. And what meals that woman could put on.......... I particularly remember the great ham she would bake and she made the best dumplings and I have not had any like those since. I am trying to think how many people were there -- people eating in every room of the house. I am now taking a break from 'prep' for our afternoon meal -- will be only 11, of which 6 are grandkids and 1 is my 90 year old mother. Not nearly as 'grand' as the Kruger group, but will be just as good........... Thanks for the post.

6. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Like shot410ga.... Central Highlands of Vietnam 1967, calling in Artillery Fire Missions while trying to eat cooked spoiled turkey at the same time. 20 years old but still very thankful to be an American fighting for our rights including Free Speech which so many times is taken to the limit on this Web Site. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and God Bless our Troops and America.

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.