1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Most Memorable Shotgun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Sigraph, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sigraph

Sigraph TS Member

Thought this might be interesting.
    Mine would be the model 21 trap gun I saw at a vendors booth at the grand in Vandalia. It had a straight comb, High rib (about 3/4") and was the coolest looking shotgun I've ever seen. Probably wasn't factory.

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

model 12, end of story!
    steve balistreri

3. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

The Stevens .410 S/S that I had when I was a school kid. Talk about gun fit, it was perfect for me. Great for rabbits and squirrels - there were not many pheasants around then. Belonged to the family and it was traded for a new 870 Wingmaster after I moved away. Wish I had it now.

Chris

4. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Steve, I second the Model 12 hands down! Phil S.

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Like Senior Smoke said.. Only M.31 Rem. TC,, still shooting it! Maybe S. S. never had my good fortune of finding a Mod. 31 LOL Ross

PS have had 3 M. 12s (I did try them) good guns, they just weren't me.. Ross

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

3inch Mod 12 with a solid rib...my 1st Mod 12 !

A true "from the parking lot" gun!

7. Sigraph

Sigraph TS Member

I do love the model 12's. Guy I used to shoot trap with had a mod 12 trap gun the Joe Hollingsworth built. Had one of the most beautiful stocks I've ever seen.

8. Go Fish

Go Fish Member

This happened when I was young & foolish. Winchester Model 24 12 ga. SxS. traded for it on Sat. Having never shot it before, went pheasant hunting on Monday, missed 7 roosters that morning. Traded shotgun off the next day at the local gun store. Will never forget the looks I got from my Lab. each time I missed.

9. jrb100

jrb100 Member

I have my 1974 y model 12 that has given and is still making future memories.

10. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

16 ga. bolt action clip fed Mossberg 390KB with a variable hoke.

Never did master the bolt action for hunting birds but I thought it was the coolest gun around! Got my first 4 pheasants with it, same morning.

<center>
    [​IMG]
    </center>

MK

11. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Old Fox 12ga side by side. Shot my first duck, goose, and pheasant with that old gun. Wish I still had it.. Dan Thome

12. moowho

moowho Member

Love the model 12s but I was young and started with a model 42 .410 ga. And I still Have the 42, 45 years later

13. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

This model 31 I had and want back real bad serial # 8xx
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I have had a fair amount of model 12's and some real fancy ones. There really is no comparison when you compare it to a 31 ( when you are using them as shooters)

14. Rum River

Rum River TS Member

Most Memorable?

Tough call...... I have an 870 Wingmaster I bought new for $230, still looks good. There's a Model 11 Remington in the rack that was my Grandfather's. There are others, including a pair of Browning Citori Plus Trap models. But the most memorable is a very old 12 gauge single shot made by the Kirk Gun Company of St. Paul Minnesota. My Great-Grandfather carried this thing around at one time. The original buttstock is long gone, it's replacement is one my Grandfather carved out of whatever chunk of pine with his pocketknife. The fit was loose at the pistol grip, but nothing some black electrician's tape couldn't handle. (It's still the same tape, over 50 years later.) An old rubber recoil pad that was trimmed to fit with a wood rasp. The bore is pitted from the salt shells someone used to run off the stray dogs when they got in with the livestock. There are teeth marks in the buttstock from when it was used to break up a dog fight when all the neighbors got together to hunt pheasants.

Hands down, that old single shot is the most memorable. Dan

15. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Single shot Stevens my Uncle let me shoot when I was 5yrs old. B#$@^%* hooked me for life. Just kidding, he was a great guy and terrific Uncle, miss him dearly.

Robert

16. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

The Ljutic X-73 that I still shoot today. Tried it out in June 1983, having never shot a Ljutic before. Shot 75 straight 16's with it and new I had to own it....I've restocked it twice and had it reblued and now it's a real looker...never gonna sell it.

17. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

My first shotgun is the most memorable it was all I could afford at the time 1971. Mossberg 12 ga 500 slide action, never should have sold it.

18. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Most memorable for me would have to be my Browning Sweet 16. Bought it for $218 brand new in the late 1960's. Ended up with 3 barrels for it that covered about all of my hunting (until I got a Mag 12 A-5 for geese). Killed a lot of doves and ducks (and even a few rabbits) with that 16 gauge. Still deadly on ducks with Kent Tungsten Matrix #5's.

DoubleAuto

19. crackshot

crackshot Member

The 1st gun I bought for myself that wasn't handed down, a Ithaca Model 37 feather weight 12ga that I killed alot of pheasants and rabbits with. Wish I still had it...Dave

20. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

An old Remington "32" with a Miller trigger. A really nice oldtimer. I've still got a couple of them, Maybe I'll get into the back of the safe and shoot one, next week. I'm sure that some of my younger friends will be amused.

Ed Yanchok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.