1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Most Expensive Gun Club

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by concordefamily, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. concordefamily

concordefamily Member

What would you say is the most expensive Gun Club to join based on initiation fee, monthly dues, etc.?

2. HEREFORD

HEREFORD TS Member

Dallas?

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Although I'm not amember at either, I know of two here in New Jersey that cost well over 5,000.oo per year.

Ed Yanchok

4. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Illinois has a private club where the iniation is around $1,500 a yr.

Rick B

5. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Rico46, I believe you are thinking of Northbrook. That's where I belong to. I think it's around $450 a year, and a $750 initiation. I go to that club through the youth team they sponsor, or at least let use their facilities, so I don't have to pay those dues. My parents would not even think of shelling out that much money. Excellent club though, great people, great atmosphere...EXCELLENT kitchen. That's what really counts ;-)
    -Trappy

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I've heard Detroit Gun Club is up there. If I rememeber correctly, it should be the highest of any posted so far.

7. 7 straight

7 straight Member

why does it cost so much to join ?

8. kgp

kgp TS Member

Bray's Island Plantation in South Carolina. Lots start at $160,000, but most homes are well over 1 million. Here's what they say about their gun club:

The Gun Club is a popular spot for owners who wish to shoot or just relax over a game of cards or billiards.... With the finest facilities for clay shooting, we offer all forms of targets, including skeet, trap, five-stand and bunker trap, plus a 12-station sporting clays course designed by Holland and Holland.... Of course, expert instruction is available for all disciplines. A pro shop with shotguns, apparel, and supplies, and a gun rental, storage and cleaning program all enhance the experience. Events and competitions for shooters of all levels are staged throughout the year. With a comfortable great room that includes a bar, billiard table and patio, the Gun Club creates a warm and congenial atmosphere for members to gather after shooting or before a hunt.

I know a member, but he won't say what it costs in fees and dues.

Ken

9. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Dallas Gun Club is over $5,900 dollars according to their website application.

10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I can vouch for Dallas GC one of the first I visited once I got settled here. When they gave me the membership info, they had to catch me before I hit the floor..told them I only wanted to join , not become majority owner.. A nice club ..but not that nice...

11. KenC

KenC Member

So far no one's even close.

THE most expensive gun club is Valhalla Shooting club at the Elk Mountain Resort between Montrose and Telluride. $68,000.00 (gee, it was only $52,000.00 a couple years ago) but it's ONLY a one time fee AND they GIVE you a gun, a nice one too, a Les Baer .45 with a serial number that matches your membership number. Kareem Abdul Jabbar is a member. So is Norman Schwartzkopf (I think they gave him his membership gratis so they could use say he was a member).

It has a 360 degree defensive pistol range (you gotta use frangible ammo), trap and skeet (unlimited targets) .

Here's the link http://www.valhallashootingclub.com/ check it out.

12. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Yea, how much do ya got left after you get a Poodle, a buck for a cup of coffee?

13. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Jim, they only made ties mandatory to keep Dan Bonillas from showing up in sandals and cut-offs? :) Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
expensive shooters
expensive shooting club

most expensive gun club

most expensive gun clubs
most expensive shooting club az
most expensive trap club house

most expensive trap gun

over priced gun club