1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Most Effective Self-Defense spray?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pyrdek, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

I have been asked to research what is the most effective self-defense spray. What is desired is something that is instantly disabling and renders an attacker unable to approach any closer and if the victim is already in the attacker's grasp, will cause the attacker to release the victim immediately.

I suggested a .40 S&W but unfortunately the existing laws on "victim disarmament zones" (laws that disarm people in certain areas like schools, etc) rule out that approach.

I was thinking that a high potency bear spray may be more effective that what some Mace type sprays are but I really do not have any experience to rely on.

Can you suggest, or at least point me to verified accurate sources, for reliable data and purchase information on self-defense sprays?

2. GARMASTERS

GARMASTERS TS Member

Irritants - CS, CN, CNC, CA, CR, CNB, PS

3. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

8s or 7 1/2s?

Ask your local police department:
    Is it legal to carry?
    What do they use and where can I get it?

Keeping in mind the officer has a back-up that really is effective if the spray does not work. Will you?

4. dodge ram

dodge ram Member

45 acp.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

skunk piss.

HM

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I would suggest going over the police arrest records for Mike Tyson

7. michael101

michael101 TS Member

Try wasp and hornet spray, legal and has a good range.

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

As was said above, check local ordinances. Often, a class and certification is required for legal carry and/or purchase. There may also be issues of decontamination and medical care that you may be liable for, depending on circumstances and local laws. Some folks are allergic to this stuff, and being sprayed could ultimately be fatal.

DO NOT DEPEND SOLELY ON CHEMICAL SPRAY!!!! It often does not work on an impaired or enraged person. Always have a plan "B".

9. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

PHASE 4

10. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Fortunately where this will be, hopefully not used, but available if needed, does not impose any undue burden or legal restrictions on its use for self-defense. That has already been checked. If the attacker should die because of being hit with a spray while attacking, well TS for him. Other attackers HAVE been killed by firearms and no major legal repercussions have occurred as long as there is reasonable perception of danger to the potential victim.

I know NY and MA have more restrictive laws. Luckily, neither I or my questioner are in those states.

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The absolute worst spray, bar none, is Brake-Kleen.<br>
    <br>
    Anyone who has ever gotten the slightest amount in their eyes can tell you how effective it is. Nasty stuff.

12. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

I keep a skunk in my pocket..

13. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Halfmile:

Ok I used the skunk piss at my brother's wedding I poured the whole bottle in the vent's on the fresh air duct's under the hood, of his 1977 Trans Am back then I guess good thing he had the T top's because he didn't want to roll the windows up im sure he knows who did it anyway im sure he deserved it because he used to do stuff to me in the past and I never re paid him back.

Foggy

14. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

2 or 3 Arby's mushroom and swiss will clear a dorm room if not the entire floor in no time. Guaranteed.

15. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Kimber life act pepper spray. Mines backed up by a 38. only downside is you get two shots, but it's delivery method is the best.
    Jimmy

16. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

stokinpls,

Nearly choked on my morning drink. HEHEHEHEHE

17. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Look at Sabre or Mace. Sabre has been dropped by several departments because it has a longer period of impairment and of decontamination requirements. It may be too hot and last too long.

I am certified to train through and recommend MSI products. Mace Foam works very well, and is less likely to over spray onto an uninvolved bystander. It has an added psychological effect of impacting an offender's face while it starts to burn (big time).

Do not warn offender before use or hang around and admire your work after use. Use what I call the "Shoot 'n Scoot" method. Pour it to 'em and QUICKLY get out of the area!

Do not forget that it may not work on an impaired, enraged, or EDP (Extremely Disturbed) person. It may only give you a couple of seconds to retreat beyond their reach.

18. markc2

markc2 Member

I recommend Sabre- Mark:

SABRE Named Most Potent Defense Spray
    View Original PDF

Security Equipment Corporation (Fenton, Missouri) was awarded the “Manufacturer of Most Potent Defense Spray” title for its SABRE Defense Sprays. The award was issued by the American Firearms Magazine at last month’s SHOT Show in Orlando, Florida.

Independent laboratory testing has proven SABRE to be from twenty (20) all the way up to ninety-five (95) percent hotter than other USA brands.

By choosing a more potent defense spray, SABRE users will benefit from a greater incapacitating effect to further ensure their personal safety. Furthermore, the stronger the spray, the greater the effect will be on those under the influence of alcohol or drugs and “Goal Oriented” subjects.

SABRE not only contains more heat, it contains more product, up to five (5) times more product per canister than any other defense spray. The additional seconds of protection in SABRE canisters allows users to test fire for familiarity, fend off multiple attackers and helps compensate for nervousness and bad aim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best most efective spray for bud worm

what is the most efective defence spray