1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

most accurate out of box CZ or Savage silhouett

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalvinMD, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

My experience would sway me to say the CZ..but not by much..both shoot excellent but the CZ will probably be the more precise piece..you just need to decide if the CZ is worth the extra money to you

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

BTW- if you ever run across a 452 American CZ in the 17Mach2 caliber snag it up...I have 2 of them and both after installing an aftermarket trigger will drill bullet after bullet through the same hole and is a bunch cheaper to enjoy than the 17HMRs

3. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Ray, I have the 452-2E, which is a heavy bbl. and with Wolf Match at 50yd. it shoots one ragged hole(10 shots). I've never shot the Savage, but can't beleive it could shoot a lot better. Nothing against Savage, but don't think you'd be dissapointed with the CZ. JMO

Steve

4. YOTESLAYER

YOTESLAYER Member

I have several savages and they have never let me down, never fired a CZ.

5. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

A Savage with the Accu-trigger is the better gun.

6. rivercityjeff

rivercityjeff Member

Love my 17 HMR CZ American 452 varmint with a "Yo Daves" Trigger. I had considered a .22 Mag Anschutz and settled on the CZ. The delta in accuracy was negligible.

The CZ has a backward safety and the mill marks are visible on the action. It'll dot your "i" at a 100 meters.

7. Aulovel5

Aulovel5 TS Member

Have 3 savages 2 with accutriggers one with an aftermarket target trigger (forgot the brand). I was so satisfied with my first I had to buy another one to just see if it was as good as the first and yes it was then I wanted a large bore and bought a 338 110ba and wow their just awesome guns. I would never never think about buying anything else but that being said I've never shot a cz but I would assume they can compete so it's just your preference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.