1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mossberg AHT Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Not much Joe, $250 maybe a little more

2. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

About $350 is top price!

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

If it is to you then yes, but dont plan on selling it

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

"Simmons Olympic Rib alone is worth more than $250 isn't it?" On any other gun, probably. But a Mossberg is still a Mossberg, no matter what frills you put on it. No serious competitor would ever consider a mossberg as a competition gun, and most club shooters have no interest in one of these guns because they deviate dramatically from what they are use to (field guns).

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yeah, Mossbergs are pretty utilitarian. But if you want to have some fun sometime, leave all your gear at home and go to a new club, play dumb, and try to outshoot the snobs while using a field grade Mossberg (or other low-end shotgun). When you run 25, pick a good shooter nearby and ask, "Heck, is that all there is to shootin' these skeets?" Regardless of how the conversation goes from there, end it by saying, "OK, I gotta go get more bullets."

Good clean fun!

-Gary

6. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

GW22,

It works even better when you're wearing a pair of bib overalls, carpenters apron, and a straw hat. They some how overlook you when the calcutta starts. Like shooting fish in a barrel;)

ss

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Nice touch, SS. It's important not to over sell it though. Playing dumb and setting my box of "bullets" on the ground at each post usually gets the ball rolling. Sometimes people start giving me advice even before my first shot!

-Gary

8. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

GW22,

Do you make sure to use a piece of tape over the end of a few shells?

You wouldn't believe what me and a buddy of mine used to do back in the 80's. We would find clubs that were within a 3hr drive that had some pretty good pots. We could hit them a couple of times before they got wise.

It didn't take long for word to get around about 2 guys in a LTD:)

ss

9. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

There's Mossberg 500 Trap on Gunbroker now for $289. Looks pretty nice for the price.

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

If you can break 100 straight from the 27 with this gun, it's worth it's weight n gold. If not, give it to the boy scouts....

11. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Putting a Simmons rib on a Mossberg is kind of like putting a mink coat on a sow.

12. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

A coat of white paint and that dude would rival Foggy's "skunk grade" M 12:)

ss

13. shaner

shaner Member

i owned 4 of them over the years bought 2 when they were first came out in the 80's all shot real well , ran a couple good high 90's with them , and shot a 100 straight one afternoon with one using greendot loads , never heard of them shooting a foot anyway off but rumors do run, for the money in them days i was in heaven with them think i paid like 250 for them new in the box , in the mid 80's , id buy one today to just have , sold all mine when i thought a higher priced gun was the way yo go , found thats a much of bull in all the years of shooting the mossberg it never did break down, and cant say that about alot of high end guns ive owned ,

14. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

The good thing about a M500 is they will last a long time. The bad thing about them is that they will last a long time.

15. psfive

psfive Member

I've got one it shoots a little bit high but it will reach right out there and get them. It will get some looks but I've been different all my life. Anyone want to buy it?? Paul

16. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Mossberg makes shotguns for the military and their reliabilty requirements are quite stringent. Production guns aren't controlled as tightly during mfg but they're still amazingly reliable for the money. They're not too sexy, though. Maybe that's why I recently traded one for a nice Leigh dovetail jig. Not much is sexier than adjustable spacing of pins and tails!

-Gary

17. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Mossbergs meet or exceed all mil-specs - about the only shotguns that do - ...doubt if any of the high dollar trap guns could do so. Built to last. Best Regards, Ed

18. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

The only shotguns on my installation were Winchesters. Model 12's and 1200's. I retired in 2000. Maybe things have changed.

19. shaner

shaner Member

yepper joe your 110% right on, to many shooters think you can buy a good score, and buyin a expensive gun means you dont need to practice on shooting

20. shaner

shaner Member

as they started slowin down the production they started sending them out like that one , i had both of them the nice cut monte carlos came out first then the high comb straight stocked ones like that one , which they moved those right into the slug guns that they made for a scoped cantaliver barrel
    the pads all said supreme on them like that also in later models

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
mossberg 500 monte carlo aht

mossberg aht