1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mossberg 500 High Rib

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mel Moose, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Mel Moose

Mel Moose TS Member

Gents,

I have a NIB Mossberg 500 with a 28 inch ribbed field barrel, and a full choke 30 inch non ribbed barrel. I want to turn the gun into a trap gun, and want to know whom you would recommend to build a high rib for the barrel?

Yetters

2. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

Addarib is coming out with a clamp on rib. Give them a call.

Tim

3. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

save your money and find a nice used one that would be my way of doing it. Tom

4. Mel Moose

Mel Moose TS Member

Tom

Where would a person look for such a thing? I have hit all the websites and not even seen a picture of a sold one.

Yetters

5. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

I have seen a few 870s there was a model 12 on gun broker the other day. It is 500 to put a high rib on your gun. It may take a few months to find one but 500 is a lot to put in your gun. they clamp on mini at add-a-rid is 160 but can be used on other gun. Tom

6. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I have a Mossberg 500 Trap in my collection, similar to this one. Mine is not for sale. It's just another gun in my collection, that I don't shoot much. If you put a high rib on yours, you will need to raise the comb also. IMO, it's a pricy project on a questionable platform, with a marginal trigger. Mark
    oregunner_2008_030373.jpg

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

In the end, you will have a unique trap gun. But its a gun you won't probably like to shoot. Lightweight. Terrible trigger.

A Mossberg 500 is a nice field gun, and they make excellent self defense shotguns.

There's a reason you don't see many of them on the trap line.

8. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

You`ll have more in it than you will ever get out of it.Think about it before you put any money in it.Lots of good trap guns out there in the $500 range.

9. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

What Barfin said. What good would it do, make you look cool? I just watched Barfin run 100 straight at the Western Zone shoot in El Monte California with his Mossberg...he doesn't have any high rib.

10. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Do as Oregunner suggests, save your money and put it towards a real TRAP gun.

Those Mossberg guns are at best, a fair field gun, They were never destined for the trap line.

WW

Search tags for this page
homemade high rib shotgun images
mossberg 400g high rib trap
mossberg 500 raised rib

mossberg 500 trap high rib shotgun

mossberg high rib

mossberg high rib trap

mossberg trap

remington 870 high rib trap