1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Moscow, Id. Hard times for gun owners coming

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by halfmile, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Another wacko blazing away at people. Killed himself too. There is going to be a loud liberal outcry now for sure.

Get ready for gun ownership to be more unpopular. Even Switzerland is under pressure.

HM

2. grammie

grammie TS Member

The constitution will die not with the sound of gunshots in the distance,,,,,but to Cheers,,,,cheers from the very people it once protected,,,whos children in school are being taught that the 2nd amemdment is not what it is written as.....

When you give up liberty for security,,you shall soon have neither-------I know,,,thats an old statement heard many times before,,,but one very true!!!

I promise,,,,if they can't get the votes needed to ban them in the future,,,,they will just make it too ezpensive to bother with,,,from licensing fees paid for for each gun you own,,,to the outrageous taxes that are "GOING TO BE" placed on ammunition,,,to being forced to "pay" for your 2nd amendment rights!!!!

They will "spend you" out of your rights.....

AKA Grammie.............

3. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

This stuff is going to continue to happen in the type of society we live in. I think it's because much of society has stopped living in reality and more and more illusions and facades are put up. We live in a society where kids can sit in front of a box for mind-numbing hours, practicing with deadly efficiency how to kill as much people as possible. And their parents sanction it because it gives them more personal or free time that they don't have to devote to their children. Couple that disturbing reality with the fact that society is becoming anonymous - nobody is accountable to anybody else and nobody wants to step in when something bad is happening. Nobody wants to be bothered, and people are becoming more and more self-centered to the point where if they get made fun of or dissed then everybody's gonna pay like in the video games but FOR REAL. Many parents are divorced and the ones that aren't just want to be friends with their kids and not discipline them or make the tough decisions anymore. It's a selfish, anonymous, sick, unbalanced society where kids are raised by a video simulator or TV combined with an alcoholic parent if lucky. Not looking good. Not saying the sniper is a kid but I'll bet you his childhood was not balanced.

And because of all that, law abiding gun owners have to continue to fight for their rights. There will never be a time when the fight is over.

Rant over...

Jennifer

4. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

This guys looks like he had a plan too...

Unbelievable.

They want this shit to stop, they need to NOT give it so much damn media attention every time it happens.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I firmly believe the problem started with the great social experiment of the 60's.

Hedonism was it's mantra, and irresponsibility the operational procedure. Divorce became an easy way out of what may have been perceived as a bad choice. No one had to be working on the problem, just quit.

"If it feels good, do it"

"I don't have to get married to have children"

"Don't trust anyone over 30"

"A woman has a right to decide about her body"

"Make love, not war"

Remember? A whole generation of young males grew up learning morals and ethics from their buddies on the street corner. Loyalties which formerly were tied to families went to other groups. The nuclear family I grew up in became an anachronism. Homosexuality became an acceptable lifestyle. NOw if you disapprove of it you are a bigot.

Hunting, long a bastion of male bonding between father and son(and responsible gun ownership was part of it) slowly disappeared. Stan Baker said, when he wrote his column for Frank Kodl in shotgun sports,"As a child I huunted with my Dad all the time. My son hunted with me frequently, but sometimes not. NOw I have a grandson who has never hunted."

City people who may be law abiding, and orderly as can be are terrified of firearms. You can talk till you are blue in the face, and still they think the presence of firearms in society is the cause of crime.

Of course I am preaching to the choir here. But the fact remains the cards are stacked against us, and a lot of hard work is necessary to keep our freedom.

Good luck.

HM

6. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

It will be a hard fight. Lots of people were "going to show George Bush" so they voted in a bunch of "liberals from Hell" to take over congress. The new left leaning congress is just waiting to get somebody like the Hilabeast, or Obama in the White House. Then they will unless a series of gun bans and restrictions like this country has never seen! Jennifer's post had a lot of truth in it. Today we have a sick, lazy, and self serving generation taking over the raines of power, and it will only get worse! Be prepared for a long knock down drag out fight on your 2nd Amendments rights!

7. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

I also forgot to mention that Moscow is one of the most liberal spots in Idaho so the emotional bed-wetting liberal elements in Idaho will not take this shooting lightly or rationally. I doubt anything major would change in the state since it's the most conservative in the country, but it was one of the worst cities in Idaho that this could have happened in.

The hypocrisy is unbelievable in this country. More than 100,000 U.S. deaths are caused by excessive alcohol consumption each year. Direct and indirect causes of death include drunk driving, cirrhosis of the liver, falls, cancer, and stroke. In the U.S. for 2001, there were 29,573 deaths from firearms, distributed as follows by mode of death: Suicide 16,869; Homicide 11,348; Accident 802; Legal Intervention 323; Undetermined 231.(CDC, 2004). The number of firearms-related injuries in the U.S., both fatal and non-fatal, increased through 1993, but has since declined steadily.(CDC, 2001).

There is not much outcry for the banning of alcohol, at least since the 1920s & 30s anyway. Probably because the general population can't bear to give it up, maybe????

The total number of people killed in highway crashes in 2000 was 41,945, but where is the outcry to ban cars? Oh, we depend on them too much. So much for that.

As far as our society goes, Dr. Spock and the feminist movement were probably the two most damaging elements contributing to our problems now. Read "The Seven Myths of Gun Control: Reclaiming the Truth About Guns, Crime, and the Second Amendment" by Richard Poe. It's really enlightening. We've gone from Boy Scouts, building tree houses, kick the can, marbles and hunting with dad to "play dates" and being arrested as a child for pointing a chicken finger at a fellow school mate. This country is going to defeat itself from within - just look at the immigration problem!

Ain't I a ray of sunshine?

Jennifer (Idaho)

8. Janet

Janet TS Member

Jennifer, truer words were never spoken.

Janet CJ

9. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Thanks slide action, jcl & Janet. Yes, the drugs are another detriment. The whole "if it feels good, do it" thing halfmile mentioned sure didn't do much for our country.

Trust is another huge problem - many liberals and/or pacifists don't trust themselves around firearms so why should they trust other people with firearms? Why should the government trust the "common" people with firearms? This country was built on trust but it is eroding like a sand-castle on the beach. The ironic thing is that our founding fathers set things up so we were originally supposed to trust our government, but the tables have turned: Our government is now supposed to trust us - we now carry the burden.

Jennifer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.