1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Morning Visitor

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by RLC323, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RLC323

RLC323 Member

About 9 this morning my number one ace bird dog started barking up toward the cottonwood trees in my front yard.
    [​IMG]

This eagle was eating his breakfast and not sharing.
    [​IMG]

I believe he is the same young eagle that has come back here each winter for the past 3 years. He likes the tall trees to hunt the snow-covered fields.
    [​IMG]

Good area for him, we are about a half mile from the Illinois river. I told the Queen there are folks who spend hundreds of dollars to see eagles and never get one this close.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Absolutly Beautiful!!

Saw one hanging around the area where my vacation home is last summer. But not nearly that close. How lucky you are.

Chuck

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Beautiful pictures thanks for sharing

We have quite a few Golden Eagles around here, when I am bush hogging the fields they will always be around looking for rodents and they get their fill of them, one time one was going after one and he was flying right at me I thought he was going to try to fly under the tractor canopy, I was just about ready to duck and he pulled up, another reason I should have gotten a cab LOL

4. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Love the big birds! They are a common sight around here in mid MI now,but that doesn't make them any less beautiful.Bill

5. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

White Head and tail feathers indicate an adult bird, 5 years old or more.

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Those are some beautiful shots.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Great birds and nice picture-- you just feel like you have received a gift every time you see one.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

8. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Although there is no way to be sure I believe this is the same eagle as a juvenile. This photo was taken back in January 2010 in the same trees.
    [​IMG]

Since then I also have upgraded my camera from a Canon with 6 megapixel to a Nikon with 16.

9. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

7.5's or 8's?

10. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

If memory serves me??????? their don't heads don't turn white until they are about 4 years old, beautiful birds, they used to gather just below lock & dam #13 on the Mississsippi when I lived there we would feed them small fish that we caught, just toss them in the water below the tree they were sitting in, then move away & watch them swoop down to grab 1 then back up into the tree to eat FOND memories. Ross Puls

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Those are some awesome photos. We have lots of them here in Idaho. They are enjoyable to watch. Amazing part of nature

12. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

The neat thing about the Golden Eagles we have is how they will come by and grab a field mouse with out even slowing down and you can see the rodent pi$4 and $hit as he hauls it away to a tree to eat it

The Re Tailed Hawks aren't near as fast or good at it, they land on it and tear into it on the ground

13. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

They're getting to be pretty common here in SE Minnesota. We have a pair that live in a patch of woods just down the road from us. They both sat in a tree in my backyard one day, trying to decide if they could carry away our poodle.

Kiv

14. bill2

bill2 Member

Eagles may be a danger. Bill2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=pecV8i8M2J0&list=UUvsye7V9psc-APX6wV1twLg

15. emm2

emm2 Member

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.