1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Morgan pad advise

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gordy h, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gordy h

gordy h Member

I was told to hold the gun higher on my sholder and bring the gun up to my face not my face down to the gun.
    With a Morgan pad if I lower it will that help or do I need to raise the pad and will it change my POI Thanks Butch H

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Butch a Pad Adjuster will help you alot . Don,t buy a Morgan good pad 40 years ago not now . Buy a 100 Straight or something like it lots of them for sale much better adjuster .

The new Pad Adjusters go up and down plus right and left .

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Butch..... Listen to Alf... Throw the Morgan in the trash and buy a good pad and a good pad adjuster. Morgan pads became obsolete for trapshooters 30 plus years ago, and they were junk then.... Just my opinion.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Trap2 Funny thing I still have three or four Trap guns in the safe with Morgan Pads on them ???

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Morgan pads are just fine, if you like to cant your gun. HMB

6. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

When I used them I just tilted the pad to my liking and tightened it down. I never had it slip. I turned it just like you turn the other newer pads and never had any problem. Just my experience with the Morgan. And yes it you lower the Morgan Pad it will help you to get your head on the stock. Of course that is just my opinion.

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Butch H. You should be able to lower the Morgan Pad to help bring the gun up to your face. This may, or may not raise you eye on the stock. If your eye raises, it will elevate the POI. But changing your pattern form 60/40 to 70/30 will not be noticed except by the very best shooters shooting from the 27 yard line. The best advice for a Morgan has been stated above, keep it in a drawer as a trapshooting relict.

Pat Ireland

8. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I like them,, but IMHO they don't do much for recoil reduction , I use the curved model and I think it helps me in the canting problem & helps get the stock higher ( I must have a long neck) & makes me shoulder the gun the same each time. Also very adjustable to compensate for different situations, weather, wind, etc. Good luck in your search.. Ross

9. SoTo

SoTo Active Member

The 100-straight is the best option and can be adjusted and set into position right thru the butt pad. Plus choose a Kick-eez pad. They are the best for recoil.

Beth
    Shooters Emporium

10. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

WTT 3 Morgan pads and butt plates for 3 100 straights.!! My daughter and I have Morgan pads... I didnt know any better and wasn't on this site at the time I purchased them..so I didnt know any better. They are ok... and I have seen the 100 straights.. With hindsight being 20/20 I would now go with the 100 straight.

WesleyB

11. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Butch, There is nothing wrong with a Morgan pad. I have used them for over 35 years, mostly on Mod 12s. To be fair , my Ljutic has a Jones and I am happy with it. Look around at places where you shoot and you can probably find a used Morgan for 10 or 15 dollars. I bought a new Morgan about 5 years ago at Gander Mountain for $30, so they are not that costly. Experiment with several types. Take others advice with a grain of salt. Larry Evans

12. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Larry You shoot a Model-12 And telling Butch H the only option that counts is your,s It,s no wonder you like a Morgan pad ADJ.

13. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

ALF-99, Sorry if you misunderstood my advice to Butch. I meant he should take EVERYONE'S advice with a grain of salt (mine too). And by the way, what do you have against Mod 12s ? Larry

14. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

by the way, what do you have against Mod 12s ? My cheek

Larry I know what you mean just pulling you leg alittle .

15. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I've been out shot by more than 1 model 12.

tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.