1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

More than one trap gun?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gasman03, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gasman03

gasman03 Member

I am not sure if this has been brought up before. I am wondering if most trap shooters have more than one trap gun? If so what style? Single shot? O/U? Automatic? Pump? My son and I both have a BT-99.

Corey

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Ljutic 73 for singles and caps....Browning Superposed ST-100 for doubles.

3. gasman03

gasman03 Member

Something i forgot to ask then. So say most people have more than one is your shooting style going to change with each one?

Corey

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I have a Browning bt 99 34" for singles and a Browning xt 32" for doubles. I had a SKB under combo that never give me a lick of trouble that I traded for both the Brownings. My thought was 2 guns for the price of one. The one advantage that the combo has over shooting 2 diff. guns is you are shooting 1 gun for both single and doubles. You don't have to worry about making 2 guns fit.

5. JRD

JRD TS Member

I have 4 guns that I would designate for trap.
    IAB Top Single
    Remington 870 TB
    Remington 870 Classic Trap
    Remington 1100 ( Hasnt been setup yet)

Getting ready to purchase a SKB 85TSS Combo.

6. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I have 2 Trap guns. One O/U and the other a Auto for bad weather. A league I'm in, shoots any weather never cancels. The O/U is a bear to clean when wet.
    Dave

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Went shooting Wednesday morning for practice session. Shot the Model 12 first and broke 49/50. Brought out the K-80 for the next 50 and broke 48. Hmm! Is this trying to tell me something?

8. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

870 and an 1100. 870 shoots better but the 1100 is for a backup in case the 870 messes up at a match I don't have to spend time trying to fix it right then.

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

Trap guns & skeet guns are just like women ... ya can never have to many of them but there will always be one or two that do that treat you the best.

10. rlcammer

rlcammer TS Member

BT-99 Max Stainless, spare BT-99 Max stainless, another, regular BT-99 just in case.......... All three have release triggers.

Old Charles Daly (Miroku) O/U for doubles, with coil springs and release/pull trigger.

Beretta 390, 2 triggers. 1 release, 1 pull.

Ithaca M51 Trap, 2 triggers. 1 release, 1 pull.

Always looking for another BT-99 Max Stainless.............

The regular BT-99 might be for sale.........

Ric C.

11. cdan12

cdan12 TS Member

I have a 101 combo,2 model 12 pigeon traps,1 rem 31TC,browning superposed, and I don't shoot trap. Dan

12. melie

melie Guest

I thought it was mandatory to have more than one trap gun.

13. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Two TM-1's, TMX Special, 90-T, Mdl 12, B391, and 3200 unisingle combo for dbl's. FD

14. FPBristol

FPBristol TS Member

Actually, I'm not sure of the legislative origin or how enforced, but I'm pretty darn sure that it is illegal to have only one trapgun. If it by some chance isn't then we should all write our elected officals and have them pass some worthwhile legislation.

15. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I use my TMX for Singles and Handicap and an MX-3 for Doubles. I don't want a combo gun because I don't want to fiddle with an adjustable comb for a different POI when I shoot Doubles. My Doubles gun shoots flatter than my TMX and I could use it if necessary but I haven't needed a backup gun in 20 years of shooting.

16. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

I have right now only one gun. It's a Remington 870 Wingmaster. I plan on having another for backup and an 1100 for backup as well and for doubles and maybe some skeet. The reason I only have one now is because there for many years I didn't have any. I had all of these at one time then I was diagnosed with what is called Myasthenia Gravis or M.G. It's a neuromuscular disease similar to ALS. But, if you do the right things and take your medications as perscribed, eat right, get as much exercise as possible and rest when the body tells ya to, you can make it through life and be somewhat productive. I had to sell all my guns and loading equipment because I could not even lift 5 LBS. I have gotten now to where I can lift 10-20 Lbs. So I am back reloading and shooting somewhat. It takes time to put things back order. I shot the 870 and 110 really well before and am shooting the 870 as good as possible for now. I have to shoot from an Electric Wheel chair and I can say, it's different. there are some new ways of doing things and as of now I feel I do pretty well with it and figure in time it will tell when I get the 1100 if I stay with the 870 or move on to the 1100. Yes the 1100 has less recoil out right. But I can load for the 870 so it has very little recoil. I'll keep everyone updated as to my progress with the two and how things are going with shooting from the wheel chair. But for now the 870 has been smoken em for me. Here is my two cents worth, I believe in having two guns.Both the same in weight and balance and fit the same gage as well. I had the privelege one time of being lucky I had the 870 as backup because I was shooting my Mossberg. I had just purchased the 870 and wasn't able to get it cleaned up and ready to shoot. The Mossy went down on me and I had to push the 870 into action for the rest of that days compitition. This is when I found out the gun shot beautiful and had no problems with it. I did though clean it up and get it ready for the next days compitition. It did very well for me. This ismy two cents worth. Rich. (inPeoria, Az.)

17. harleypilot

harleypilot Member

Ljutic Mono mid rib and a Beretta 682 Gold Trap Combo.

I will probably buy more in the future to add to these. Like the others said, you can't have too many guns.

Jim

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

How do you not sound like a blow heart if you have more than one. I will leave it at I have more than I should.

Don

19. BP348

BP348 Active Member

I have 2 win 101's but just got a MX-14 combo. So I'll be a 1 guy soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.