1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

More Stupidity

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Chango2, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I received my copy of the Prospector's MC news for April. Prospectors are a local So-California MC Club supporting offroad riding, mostly desert. I subscribe to their newsletter to keep in touch re. what's "out there." The Prospectors have a history going back, I believe, to immediately post World War II.

Latest news: "Kids" mini motorcycles are going to be banned for having too much lead content; that is banned for sale. Analagous to trapshooting, some children are supported to engage in the sport of offroad racing. There are real and dedicted motorcycles up for the task..KTM, Honda, Yamaha etc. make sub-100 cc motorcycles to fit smaller folks..sort of like scaled down trapguns like the BT-99 Micro.

The stupidity here offends me; motorcycles have almost no lead content; the little bit of lead content an MC has is the internal engine bearings and maybe at a solder joint in a cable.

Forrest Gump was right!!! "Stupid is as Stupid Does"

I am apalled, I thought one of our strengths as a nation is the freedom to seek adventure, express oneself, via sport, art, literature, or whatever, and see what's beyond the next hill. What are we becomming, an MP3 nation with only virtual experiences available outside of the cubicle? You know, the future life of processing data, going home, and watching TV or playing a video game.

In Universal Speak: "This Blows Chunks Big Time!!!"

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Those little engines have needle bearings like an outboard. The only lead I can see is maybe on a circut board for electronic ignition, and thst's most likely encapsulated.

Sonds like someone has their mouth engaged before the brain is turned on, like the Michigan legislator who wanted seat belts on bikes.

HM

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

A Missouri official was claiming lead in the paint of these and 4 wheelers.

4. fiftystr8

fiftystr8 TS Member

If I am not mistaken, our wonderfully inept Congress passed the law in such a way that the wording included the battery in the lead issue. Unless the kid will eat the thing, there should be no harm. But that is our national
    (mis)leadership.

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Reminds me of the late 60's when Jim Morrison, son of Admiral Morrison, proclaimed in one of his songs: "Breakfast where the news is read, television children fed..."

I believe Jim had a passionate dislike for those who didn't think for themselves or for those that professed enough knowledge to think for others.

6. art g

art g Member

7. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

The current administration is attacking the American way of life from all sides. We have one shot of reversing things in the 2010 election. In the mean time let your representatives hear from you.

8. halfmile

Well, then. Cars have more lead in the battery than bikes.

Get your walking shoes ready.

HM

9. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I have a friend here that owns a Honda/Suzuki/Polaris dealership, he has 40 new motorcycles in a warehouse that he can't sell or dispose of because of lead issues. I believe he stated that it was in the paint on the frames.

10. halfmile

Woolsey, where?

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.