1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

More STUPIDITY from "educators".....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I wonder what they "teach" the rest of the time??????

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

More STUPIDITY from

This BS is getting ridiculous

3. Bob M

Bob M Member

More STUPIDITY from

Teachers usually don't hand out suspensions, that is the realm of an administrative punishment. If the central office got involved, then the Superintendent may have made this decision for the Principal.

4. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

More STUPIDITY from

This is what happens when you let STUPID people run the schools!!!

Jim

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

More STUPIDITY from

This is what happens when people put more faith into the "state" or "schools" calling someone, "certified" or they have "credentials" to teach!!!

Public employers think they hire the best and brightest because of college degrees(required) and Their own belief of "superiority" of minds they employ.

If you've ever worked around these people you will soon realize the "mistakes" of hiring because of a claim to being "educated".

Wow, you have how many state seals of approval!!! and still can't fill out your time form after 15 years here!!!

Wow you have that many seals of approval and don't know why they are called a "Evergreen" tree???

6. burtona

burtona Member

More STUPIDITY from

The best and brightest don't go to the colleges to be educators!

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

More STUPIDITY from

So called educators are traditional Democrat party members too. What did we expect??

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

More STUPIDITY from

Lets go over somethings here. In our day the teacher taught what we the students needed to learn in life. Today the teacher thinks they can preach what they think the world should be. They are teaching OUR kids like they are their kids at home. THE big problem is they are getting away with it.

At our state shoot we had a local High school band come and work the field for the shoot. That was done for years. The kids by law couldn't sell candy, couldn't have a bake sale because it wasn't nutritional. The money they would get from the shoot went to their band trips. They got paid per hour and a bonus for staying for all of the shoot. IT WAS GOOD MONEY FOR THE KIDS.

The problem was someone heard about the kids working the shoot and all hell broke loose. The school said it couldn't continue. As a group they stopped but I think the kids came back as individuals. That the school couldn't stop.

I for one would want to go to each library and go to the history section. Pick up the books that I know will have a pic of guns. James Town, Williamsburg, The Revolutionary War, the Civil War, WWI WWII and so on. THere will be guns in the library books and in school books. I will also add the DVD's or as some of us would say movies in class.

To suspend a kid for having a pic of a gun or smaller kids for pointing a finger and going BANG BANG is just over the line of common sense.

9. Bob M

Bob M Member

More STUPIDITY from

Please don't lump all teachers together. Some are card carrying members of the ATA and Republican Party who have pictures of guns as backgrounds on their own computers at school. Others are not.

Big decisions such as suspension, pulling out of fundraisers, and district policy are set by the administration and school boards. Classroom teachers are required to enforce these policies.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    More STUPIDITY from

Educators or indoctrinators?

11. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

More STUPIDITY from

The extremism you see displayed here is a revelation of mindless stupidity. Any stupid fool can be at the extremes of any situation. It requires no intelligence or education whatsoever to take an extreme position. It is the thoughtful middle, where problems are actually solved, that requires thoughtful intelligence. When you see the leftists who control our education system engaging in such extreme behavior, they are revealing that they have no capacity to think, and the only option they have left is to destroy - which, not coincidentally, is what the left does best.

12. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

More STUPIDITY from

Some of you guys are simply fools!

13. docntx

docntx TS Member

More STUPIDITY from

As a rural public school superintendent I also find the suspension absurd with the facts as presented. However, I will say that most rural school educators have a very different view point with regard to social issues than many of our peers in urban or suburban areas. Not all public school educators are cut from the same cloth and it would serve our children and our society well to recognize those educators who share our values. Otherwise, we will continue to lose like minded educators to the private sector because they have become exasperated by the continued rhetoric and brow beating exhibited in some of the previous posts.

14. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

More STUPIDITY from

So Bob,,,,,,,,are the principal and superintendent NOT educators?????

15. Bob M

Bob M Member

More STUPIDITY from

They are still educators, but because of the nature of their positions, they HAVE to be politicians as well as educators. What the school board says goes. In docntx's position as a Super, I hope he gets to still interact with the little ones and stay connected with what we are supposed to be about, teaching kids.

Recently, there has been an alarming trend toward Guidance and Administrative staff who have spent little to no time in the classroom. Straight out of college and into 'management'.

In my district, the Super still gets into classrooms and interacts with the students. On graduation night, he looks like he is ready to burst with pride as 200 of 'his kids' (who happen just not to live with him or be related to him) receive their diplomas. He still has to deal with political issues and make tough decisions, but we are very fortunate.

I get frustrated that there are people on this board that seem to want to lump all teachers (and educators in general) into the being Democratic, left wing, indoctrinating, Obama voting, SKEET SHOOTERS!!! Some are, some are not...

16. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

More STUPIDITY from

Have built new schools in nearly 20 disricts. Believe me, each one is different.

17. oleolliedawg

More STUPIDITY from

School administrators-former classroom teachers advanced beyond their level of incompetence!!

18. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

More STUPIDITY from

I posted this experience with my oldest daughter here in the past but it's worth repeating again in this thread.

One afternoon while I was sitting at the table paying bills and taking care of household finances, my daughter came home from high school. I saw the opportunity of a teaching moment about how to balance and be responsible with a checkbook so I asked her to sit down and learn a bit.

She resisted, saying that "they teach us that in school".

"Ok", said I, "then sit here and show me how it's done".

She tried to put up a good showing and after watching her sweat for a few minutes I asked her what she had learned that day in school.

You know what she remembered; what she brought home from school that day?

One of her teachers taught her that Bush Sucks.

19. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

More STUPIDITY from

I just want to weigh in with the fact that I am a retired teacher and high school principal. I am an ATA shooter, ran for office on the Republican ticket, consider myself a conservative...and am offended by most of the narrow minded opinions expressed here by people who more than likely have not been inside a public school classroom for years.

I still go back and substitute teach on a regular basis. Every morning our students stand and face the flag, put their hands over their hearts and say the Pledge of Allegience. (And "under God" is included.)

Two neighboring schools have exemplary AIM programs, one has won national championships several times. And my home state of Missouri passed a joint resolution in Jefferson City stating that our government should do all it can to encourage the shooting sports in our schools.

As has been stated here, your schools are at the mercy of laws passed by non-educators and rules established by school boards who are elected from the general populace. And many times the reports you get of events are severely bent with a negative spin by sensation seeking reporters.

Lumping all educators, all schools, all students, all administrators into one bad smelling ball is just as stupid as believing that all gun owners are would-be mass murderers! If you believe that, you are buying into propaganda espoused by the same media that most of you despise!

Martinpicker (Jack Farrow)

20. oleolliedawg

More STUPIDITY from

martinpicker, Missouri might as well be another country when compared to Northeast schools. Just the mere mention of Republican leanings at school gatherings will guarantee you a chorus of boos!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.