1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

More Spolar troubles...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by quicky, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quicky

quicky Member

I have loaded just shy of 40K shells and just noticed another broken finger in a wad guide. This makes two so far. What am I doing wrong? Quicky

2. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

You have got to be kidding... Just replace the entire wad guide, not the fingers. Let see one wad guide per 20K... not bad. Fred

3. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

I too was replacing wad guides after about 20,000 shells. When I replaced the last guide, I put a ring of super glue around the guide where the fingers are attached to the guide. That has been about three years ago. Never a problem since then. Maybe just luck.

4. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Gentlemen, I believe you swallowed the hook. 40K shells and the only thing that has worn out is a $2 plastic wad guide...I believe that this original post was made tongue in cheek and is in fact a testiment to the durability of the Spolar.

Cheers

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Baron, if they wear out that fast, that wouldn't be much of a testament.

I had one on an old Mec that went for over 100,000 rounds and was still with the machine when I sold it.

Hauxfan!

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I have a MEC 9000H that is over 17 years old and has at least 200,000 rounds loaded on it and it still has the original wad fingers in the wad guide. I have had a spare in the drawer for many, many years, just in case I ever do need to replace it.....Dan Thome (Trap2)

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I have been using the 9000 Mec since they came out and have yet to replace a guide on mine or ANY I have worked on. I usually just need to service, replace lost parts and set them up.

8. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

The only thing you can do, replace the loader with a new one.

9. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Guys - Spolar uses standard Hornaday plastic wad guides...I think we need to look a little further for areas about this reloader to criticize.

Cheers

10. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

For the MEC users, there is no other machine on God's Green Earth that is as good. Nothing ever wears out and the machine will produce 10,000 shells per hour. The MEC users always start comparing their machines to PW or Spolar even though that was not the discussion. Once the MEC users respond the discussion ends. Fred

11. quicky

quicky Member

Baron23 and Rich Left, perhaps I have been hasty in blaming Carter and Dixie for the Hornady wad guides...the post was indeed tongue-in-cheek. The Spolar Gold is truly a fine machine. I just keep running out of shot, powder, wads, primers,etc. I do still have a Mec 600jr. which I began reloading with in 1967 and it will actually load a shell! I started with the Lee loader and .410 shells earlier than that. Talk about time consuming! That one came with the little powder and shot measures and was all done by hand. So much for the 'good old days' of reloading. Quicky

12. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

The Spolar uses the Hornady fingers.

I mean this in all sincerity and not meaning to be caddy at all, but try the red plastic P/W fingers - also $1.99. They are a tad bit heavier.

I did that in my Spolar, but I never really had a problem with the original other than trying thing out.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.