1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

More Shot for Wheel Weights in MI Needed - GoldEx

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GoldEx, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I have #8 shot on the floor ready to go. The first 1000# trial run went well so I am looking to trade for more wheel weights or ingots. I will accept up to 2000# of wheelweights or ingots. The kids get out of school in 3 weeks which will seriously cut into my shot making time. If you have been sitting on a bucket or two of weights, now is the time to get it to me. My shot made the shootoffs at the Great LAkes Grand on the Championship singles and won the class B singles out of state trophy at the Missouri state shoot so the stuff works. Send me a PM to let me know if you are interested. Check out the link trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?ThreadID=151724 or http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=153573
    to see comments from others who have done business with me. You won't wait until Christmas for your shot either. Your shot comes shipped in a sturdy wooden crate to protect it from the goons at the post office too. (Sorry to all you postal employees but I'm just calling them like I see them here) I melt your weights and as soon as I get a final weight on your ingots after smelting, I can ship out your shot. For ingot senders, I can ship almost immediately. I only want good clean ingots cast from wheelweights, hard range scrap or other known pure alloy. I will not accept junk lead from unknown origin. I will do a test batch on some of the ingots you send me at random. If they make good shot, I will ship you your lead. If they clog up my drippers because you sent me something other than what I requested, I will keep your lead to sell as scrap to purchase a new set of drippers so please don't send me ingots if you don't know what they are made out of.

Jeff

2. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

TTT

JK

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Howell

JK

4. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

TT

JK

5. JLW

JLW TS Member

Jeff- I finally got around to loading the shot you made for me on exchange of wheel weights and it loaded well and w/o incident.

I obtained #100 of unwashed, reclaimed shot. I ran it thru the cement mixer to wash and I picked out a lot of small stones and sand but, I am not sure I want to run it thru my bb'ls.

If I melt it down to ingots, will the stones and sand all rise to the top so I can scoop them off? Anything else that should be done?

Thanks, Jerald

6. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Jerald -

Yes they will. Melt them down in a pot and once melted, drop in a small piece of candle or beeswax and stiir into the lead. Light the smoke with a match to cut down on the amount of smoke then skim off the slag at the top and then pour into ingots.

Jeff

7. vdt

vdt Active Member

goldex will you be at ohio state shoot

8. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Please explain what the beeswax does and what the rate of exchange is. Thanks

9. dverna

dverna Active Member

The Beeswax acts as a flux for the melt.

Fluxing will yield a more homogeneous mix.

Don

10. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

TTT. Still looking for weights or ingots. Anybody going to be at the Mi State shoot that wants to trade???? Let's set somethin up. Send me a PM.

Jeff

11. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Yo Jeff, I loaded some boxes of your shot for the Tuesday Sporting Clays league for the first time and spanked the boys pretty hard, I was even using my Trap gun. Good stuff!!

Joe

12. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Thanks Joe. My contention is that when I miss, the shot in the shell is usually the last item on the list of suspects as to why.

Jeff

13. ansvel

ansvel Member

Have 5 buckets in Toronto.

14. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

PM Sent

JK

15. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

What is the rate of exchange for ingots

16. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

PM Sent. Still looking for anyone coming to the MI state shoot looking to swap.

Jeff

17. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

TTT.

I am looking to trade wheelweights or ingots for shot. Want a total of 2000# to work with this time. Same deal as before - 50/50 split on weights after melting or 60/40 on Ingots with you getting the 60%.

Kids are going back to school tomorrow and I am getting ready to go back into production before the weather turns too cold. September and October are by far the most comfortable months to make shot in our shop as we don't need to fire up the wood stove. Send me some PM's and let me know what you have and what you want.

Jeff

18. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

TT

Jeff

19. Jeff Rimer

Jeff Rimer TS Member

Hi,

I am from Woodhaven , Michigan and probably only have about 125-150 lbs of wheel weights. I may be able to get more if you are interested in a quantity that small. Please email at jdrimer@comcast.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.