1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

More shootings today

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by g7777777, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rick how can you say that? This all or nothing approach = like the tea party who lost the election for the Republican party means we either agree with you or we are anti gun

I will tell you that most NRA members question if there should be regulation on high capacity magazines and these A4 type weapons

Many have posted on here

All or nothing is moving us further from the moderates who in the past have been favorable to firearm ownership in the US-- recent surveys show in the last 2 weeks that has shifted

Regards from Iowa

Gene

2. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

So Gene in Iowa, what is your suggestion for common sense legislation?
    dju

3. g7777777

I believe a discussion will occur and the sandy hook parents- and all other parents on the side of regulation will be heard.

I watched a discussion on Fox with one of their panels and not one person said a magazine limit was an absolute no no.--- That should tell you which way the winds are blowing

I think there needs to be a better screening process and that may require a training card like hunter safety and some type of security requirement

I think there will be a limit on the capacity of the magazines that may be sold or tranferred in the future

There might even be a declaration of what arms fall into these categories

I am still thinking about what I am faovr of

I know I am favor of mandatory national service because this stuff doesnt happen in Switzerland and Israel to any signifant extent

The tea party drew lines in last election and are doing the same on the budget talks now- you can see how this all or nothing approach is working

The majority of Americans believe the Constitution gives them a safety and security right when it states "and the pursuit of happiness" They are correct in that belief

Make the majority think you are telling them "shut up and sit down stupid" and you have a problem

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. g7777777

Rick this is getting embarrassing for you

You didnt write/ type "Those of you will think the gun grabbers would stop with AR15's do not know your adversary."

Yes you did

Son

Regards from Iowa

Gene

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Take your meds, Gene. You better go in and get them adjusted, you have been off the wall since Newtown.

Read the second amendment and tell me what "shall not be infringed" means.

dyslexic dingbat

HM

6. g7777777

HM read the second amendment and point to the words A4 and 30 round magazines

I can easily point to the pursuit of happiness which means the same now as it did then

The Sandy Hook parents believe that is their right.

My whole point is that there are conflicting rights there and they are going to be heard.

Its like the Tea Party losing the last election for the Republican party. It is estimated that 3 million Republicans may have remained home and not voted. Then there were all the undecidedes.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Chill guys!!....politics aside, who else here is getting the nagging feeling that ultra anti-gun zealots are behind these events..extreme idiots willing to become martyrs for the cause and thinking its worth their life to make their mark on history

8. Jeffrey

Jeffrey TS Member

CalvinMD,
    Ive been saying that for quite awhile now. Lets be honest here, those in power and those who want to control us will stop at nothing. While these shootings are sad and I feel for those involved, you cant convince me that they are random and unplanned. Yup, I feel there is more to this than just some wack jobs killing our children and people.
    Look at what is to be gained by disarming this nation. Please, I urge everyone to look back at any nation anytime and see what happened to their people after they were disarmed.

9. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

The shooter was a convicted Felon, he killed his grandmother with a ball peen hammer in 1980. He served his time in prison 17 years and he was on parole until 2006 and was now FREE!

The failure here is with the legal system, there is no way anyone who hits his grandmother 32 times with a ball peen hammer should EVER be free! There is NO FIX FOR THAT!

This is a classic example of why we should have the death penalty.
    This scum bag should have been dead in 1981!

10. g7777777

Conspiracy theories and obama being involved are really not going to further any discussion

We need to hold the people accountable who let this guy out of prison and find out where he obtained the firearms and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law if they are found to be responsible. Same with ammo

The moderates in America will walk and run away from people if they hear about these conspiracy theory claims.

Just saying.

The tea party lost the election for the Republicans along with all the Obama/Dem giveaways but there 3 million Republicans they estimate who did not vote=

We all have to be careful not to associate ourselves with fringe beliefs and stories

Regards from Iowa

Gene

11. 548

548 Guest

In addition to the gun violence occurring just today as eloquently pointed out by Rick, a 30 year old female police officer was murdered by gunfire in Wauwatosa, WI. The home of our very own, Senior Smoke.

12. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

Gene:
    Let's look at your arguements line by line.

Yes the Sandy hook parents should be heard and respected because of their losses. But no , they do not write national law or policy, any more than do the pro-gun Columbine parents, or all the US citizens who have defended themselves with firearms.

I care not a whit which way the wind blows. The constitution is the law of the land, and to ignore it in time of emotional distress is not being true to the fabric that we are cut from. Sometimes you have to put your elbows back, lean forward and walk into a hell-uv-a headwind.

So you think that a US citizen needs to be scrutinized by the government before they can buy a firearm? How about vote? Common Gene, think about that one...

Regarding limiting capacity of magazine sold "in the future", did the last assault weapon ban teach nothing? There are a gazillion hi-cap. mags out there right now. Ban future production and you drive up prices of those already made. Pass a ban on existing ban and you have just created a class of felons that are about 40,000,000 strong. That's a lot of lost tax payers and one big-assed prison!

Declare which arms should be off limits will be done by whom? Bureaucrats that know nothing about guns? Do semi autos trap guns qualify? Why not. A hack saw and some black paint, extend the magazine tube, and you are ready to shoot up the place. Adios Rem. 1100 trap guns. Or is it just those with black stocks and a "pistol grip" handle? Please remember that there have been semi-auto 9mm's in dresser drawers across America since the Great War...

Drafting youth into national service? I donno, I'll save that one for another day. Probably not all bad but the ACLU will have a cow.

Gene, I'm not trying to be a dick, but what I'm trying so desperately to convey is that these "solutions" do not work or are unenforcable, and shooters of all people should understand that. I expect this conversation with school teachers, not "gun guys".

The only thing that I can see that will stop school shootings is the presence of armed personnel. Be it teachers, a cop, security guard, or whatever. I know that sucks, but schools are an easy target, and until we admit that to ourselves it is just a matter of time.

Show me something that works and we'll talk again. I promise I'll try to not call you names...

dju

13. Juiceman

Juiceman Member

In the State of Kentucky as most other States, there is a law on the books that says a convicted felon cannot own or have in possession a gun. I read in my local newspaper on a regular basis where the police have caught a convicted felon with a gun. Where do they get them? They can't legally buy one at the local gun store. Can anyone actually think that more gun laws is the answer to keeping guns out of the hands of criminals? If so, good luck going to a gun fight with something other than a gun!!

My point is going back to the old saying, "If Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws Will Have Guns". I don't think all law abiding citizens should be punished because some psyco-path somehow gets a gun in his hand and kills someone. Where does it end. Drunk drivers kill people with vehicles every day. Are we going to prohibit all alcohol sales or maybe just prohibit the sale of vehicles. Where does it end. It is also illegal to make Meth in the state of Kentucky however, there is a lot of meth made in Kentucky, I know, I live here. More gun laws will only keep guns from law abiding citizens or make criminals out of them.

I am in my fifties and have owned guns since I was eleven years old, not one gun that I have ever owned has killed anyone. Wonder why, our government says it is guns that kill people, I happen to disagree. I would be willing to say that many of you who post on this website own guns and not one of your guns has ever taken a human life, why is this, after all, it is guns that kill people according to some of our Washington Law Makers?

Well, I guess the bottom line is the liberal democrats and media never fail to take advantage of a tragedy especially when a firearm is involved. I have heard that when a conservative doesn't like a tv show, he just turns the channel, when a liberal doesn't like a tv show, they want the tv show removed so no one can watch it.

This is nothing more than the liberal Washington Lawmakers and their media friends trying to take advantage of the Newtown, Ct tragedy to enact more gun laws, then attack anyone who disagrees with them such as NRA Executives or Counterparts.

Respectfully,

R. Davis

PS: Why do I get the feeling that I may get attacked by some for posting this, O well?

14. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

gene can't stand the FACT that it is because of rinos like him the hussein is back in office,,,,,,he seems to understand politics like he understands gun grabbers........

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

ANY infringement is unconstitutional. This includes all the bans on "scary" assault weapons like an 870 with black paint and a pistol grip.

Get it through your head, the non gun people in office will do the wrong thing every time. For God's sake they don't even know what the word "semi-automatic" means.

The hyaterical hand wringing just adds to the confusion and the antis have a field day.

If our country had a history of SEVERE punishment of gun crime we would not be having all these problems.

HM

16. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Halfmile my wife and I were talking about that last night, we have a few Remington 700s that have black synthetic stocks, they will be dumped into the black gun BS just like the AR's if the idiots in charge get their way

17. Lyle

Lyle Member

A couple of things..............I've been reading some on how Nazi Germany disarmed the citizens. It began in 1928 and some of the proposals I have heard regarding limits on guns and ammunition are extrememly parallel in thought to what happened in Germany at the time.

On another note, my son has a nurse in our home everyday. His nurse is from Kenya and is a conservative fellow. He informed my wife today that his ILLEGAL and FELON sister-in-law was put on a bus and taken to the polling booth and allowed to vote. HMmmmmmm Non citizen and felon allowed to vote. Oh, she voted for Obama.............fixed election may not be a conspiracy.

Lyle

18. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

19. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

Perhaps a killing, of any type, should just be considered a "VERY late term abortion". Abortions are legal, aren't they? 3,500 of them, each and every day.

20. RAScott

RAScott Member

Divide and coquer us, that is the liberals aproach. The Goverment on both sides only concern is POWER. The republican's arent as hungry for our guns and they have my vote. There are 300million people here so you are gonna get some loons.

As far as the sandy hook shooters the first responders were the teachers the police were the 2nd responders, that is the truth about all crimes.

As far as assault rifles it depends how they are gonnalist a semi auto rifle, Be CAREFUL that could make our O/U shotguns semi auto.

Every day there is a shooting the satistic is very low percentage of murders with AR tyoe firearms.

Bob S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.