1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

More Sadness in the Skeet Shooting Ranks

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ruck, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Ruck

Ruck Active Member

Just received word this afternoon that Todd Bender's wife passed away today. First Wayne and now Todd's wife on consecutive days. Our condolences to both families!

Ken and Carolyn Rucker
  2. skeezix

skeezix Member

Yes, this appears to be true. It is posted by the NSSA on the NSSA facebook page.

My condolences to Todd and his family.

John
  3. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Ditto - Todd is a wonderful guy, and a great teacher. My condolences.

George Wolf
  4. dustinthewind

dustinthewind Member

National Skeet Shooting Association

It has been another sad day in the skeet community. Cyndi Bender, wife of Todd Bender, passed away this morning. We don't have any further information at this time, but when we learn about any service or arrangements, we will post it. We ask that you respect Todd's privacy at this very difficult time.
  5. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

OMG- what happened?
  6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I knew this at lunch time but did not want to post. A very sad day. Cindy will be missed by many. Jeff
  7. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Did Wayne die??
  8. eightbore

eightbore Active Member

Did Todd's wife have some personal or family background in the shooting sports before she and Todd were a couple? Maybe Jeff could answer this question.
  9. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

eightbore,

Todd's Wife, Cyndi is the daughter of Tom Lowe. As in Tom Lowe shooting grounds in Atlanta, GA.
  10. eightbore

eightbore Active Member

Thanks, Jeff, that's what I thought, and confirmed on google. I shot with Tom at Wolf Creek several times in the years before the 1996 Olympics. His biography is something to read. He could certainly speak classic "Georgia" Speaking of impressive biographies, Todd lost his Dad in 2012. His was another impressive biography with a military history. Bill Murphy
  11. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Todd Bender
    I wish I could now, but will in time, respond to all of your reaches out to me, which is appreciated more than you will ever know. Losing my best friend Wayne Mayes, and my wonderful wife Cyndi Bender within 24 hours has been devastating to say the least. My friends have been my rock though all this, the out pouring of love from around the world has been amazing and instrumental in surviving the process. Wayne and Cyndi would be so proud as to how much everyone cares.

Thank you to Al Magyar, who flew into Atlanta and met me at the airport when I arrived from the west coast... brother, I couldn't do this without you. John Shima will be here tonight, Linda Mayes is flying in tomorrow. Linda and I will both start healing together. We are both joined now for life with a bond that we never wanted, losing our best friends and spouses within a day.

We are in the process of making arrangements, but in lieu of flowers we request that donations be made in the name of Cynthia Lowe Bender to the Navy SEAL Foundation. Cyndi was so proud of our work with the SEAL community, please honor her memory by remembering those the keep all of us safe. We request that any donations be sent Navy SEAL Foundation, Cynthia Bender Memorial, 285 Graystone Way, Alpharetta, GA 30005.