1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

More Republican family values

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bob Schultz, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Le he who is without sin cast the first stone ...

All of us make mistakes and some are willing to admit them ... some not "I did not have sex with that woman..." William Jefferson Clinton 1998.

Bob

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Since yours was a relatively shallow water troll and I'm just having a nice cool iced tea, I'll play.

Protesters anywhere have the right to do so. Whether its the folks who protest for gay marriage or those who protest against abortion. It's our right as Americans to do so, and I have and will fight to defend those rights.

Killing abortion doctors is murder and wrong. So is the roughing up of Christians at a gay marriage demonstration. There are always those who go too far, unfortunately.

Bob

3. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Bob, I hear what you are saying, but don't you find it the least bit hypocritical that more often than not it is Republican politicians who always want to posture themselves as being the "moral" or "family values" party or candidates.

It seems to me that they need to get off of their high horses and shut their mouths about their high moral fiber. Most of the high profile politicians regardless of party affiliation are scumbags and one step away from scandal.

John E.

P.S. Bob, Clinton eventually admitted it. May as well add bearing false witness to the South Carolina's Governor's list of sins too, as well as his aids. After all, he wasn't having an affair at first, he was hiking the Appalacian Trail. Looks as though with most politicians, the admissions of mistakes come out right before the story breaks, someone is about to find the smoking gun, or in Clinton's case, the stained dress. LOL

4. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

OK. What does she look like? As I recall, we had some pictures of Spitzer's little lady on here and she was, well, as you might remember, kinda looked like she could give you a heart attack!!!!!!!!!!

5. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Liberals will never understand what Christianity really is or what the Bible says. You don't earn your way to heaven. The Bible does not teach that God uses a giant scale and ways your sins against your good deeds. That is what non-Christians believe is in the Bible. They couldn't be more wrong. The Bible is full of ordinary people full of sins but God uses them anyway. But a Christian isn't proud of their sins. They should not be in the business of promoting sin. If he was a Democrat it would be a resume enhancement. Bill Clinton got reelected after having sex with a 19 year old in his office in the White House. A Republican would have been run out of office. Marion Berry was reelected after being caught buying cocaine with a prostitute. Ted Kennedy was reelected after being caught killing the girl he was running around with. Barney Frank was elected after running a homo whore house out of his apartment. A Republican would have been run out of office in any of these cases. There are two standards to judge politicians by. Nobody cares if a Democrat is trash. It is expected. You have to have loose morals to be a Democrat in the first place. They are the party that is constantly attacking family values and Christianity. Everybody knows they are garbage. Like a Rap singer getting arrested. It only gives them more credibility.

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Here she is , Whole lotta love ! LOL. Jeff

7. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

OOps, here

8. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

YIKES!!!!!!!!

9. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Highflyer, this is just my humble opinion.

It is a much higher and harder fall when you put yourself on a pedestal of morality, and then commit a sin or act in a non-moral manner. Look at how people grilled Rush Limbaugh with his prescription medication issue, and William Bennett with his (gambling addiction (not sure, but I think)). Keep in mind, Rush and Bennett seemed to enjoy telling people how to live their lives and promoting the Republican party as the "moral" and "family values" party. People don't like to be chastized for being sinners by someone who then sins themselves. Its that old "pot calling the kettle black" thing. And never underestimate the public's sweet-tooth for revenge. Since the Democrats, historically, don't chastize the "non-moral" types, (and are apparently more loose morally, as you suggest) they do not seem to fall into the revenge feeding frenzy, when they end up in a scandal. Just my observations.

Hey bigbore613, only Robert Plant could have said it better!!!! LOL

In the immortal words of Sir Mix-a-Lot, "you can do side bends and sit ups, but please don't loose that butt" . . . and apparently, she hasn't. hehehehehehe

Zara, I'm just pointing out facts and my first hand observations, and rendering my humble opinion. You reckon I'm gonna stir up some trouble? Why would anyone care about my opinion? . . . .

John E.

10. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Republicans are nothing more than the other head of the two headed monster. Holding them more accountable than democrats is like holding one of a rattlesnakes fangs more accountable than the other.

11. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Don't forget Jim McQueery the X governor of NJ.

12. crusha

crusha TS Member

What's this? Our Nietzsche-quoting college atheist (who can't spell) is trolling the pot again?

13. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Wireguy makes a pretty good point, if I understand him correctly.

One thing Democrats and Republicans have in common is that, when the chips are down ($$$), neither gives much of a damn about us or the day-to-day problems we face. Both parties now drive massive government expansion and fight term limits. Both parties are replete with corruption, hypocrisy and sleaze. So arguing about which one is worse does seem kind of silly, doesn't it? They're all in the same big Perks & Power club together, and we aren't allowed in. So, let's all agree to call it a tie and vote Libertarian next time... Keep your guns, choose your religion (or lack thereof), pay only your own fair share of taxes and keep your damn nose out of your neighbor's business. Sounds almost like heaven, doesn't it? :)

-Gary

14. Turtle29728

Turtle29728 TS Member

And who is to blame for this hydra headed monster (crooks on both sides of thye aisle)? Look in a mirror! We elect them, or fail to elect better men (or women) to fill the posts they occupy. The American populace gets what it deserves because of the stupidity, gullibility and disinterest of our citizenry. They, our elected leaders, have all failed us, but more importantly, we have failed ourselves and betrayed the countless thousands who have shed their blood to preserve this once great nation.

15. GW22

GW22 Active Member

That there turtle is talkin' sense!
    -Gary

16. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"For myself - I'm an equal opportunity satirist and nothing I like better than some good hypocrisy. "

The thread title put the lie to that sentence.

17. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

At least he is not another Republican toe tapper. In public restrooms.

Or another Republican big deficit spender.

Or another Republican who can't read, speak or use a teleprompter.

Perhaps he was really looking for those WMD ?

How about a Sanford-Palin tcket?? Republicans are proudly on top of their game now.

Yep, Sanford is a real bottom (tan) line man!

18. JH

JH Well-Known Member

Zarah, my liberal demokrat troll....you should not cast stones regarding sexual escapades...at least the guy was not screwing around his wife when she was dying of cancer....at least the guy did not deny it in live television while staring at the camera from the Oval Office....at least the guy did not go in a yacht with his "sweetie" and lost the presidential nomination....at least the guy did not lose his Senate seat for a stripper...at least the guy did not swim out of a river and called his lawyer before he called the police to possibly save his passenger....(should I go on with assorted Democrat sexual escapades?.. there are many more....)

19. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

You people amaze me what a bunch of pawn. Let me see I am reading they the people we have chosen to take care of us or elected leaders have betrayed us. What a bunch of bull.

"That there turtle is talkin' sense"

"Republicans are nothing more than the other head of the two headed monster. Holding them more accountable than democrats is like holding one of a rattlesnakes fangs more accountable than the other."

"And when are you guys gonna get around to running Larry Craig out of office? "

"Both parties now drive massive government expansion and fight term limits. Both parties are replete with corruption, hypocrisy and sleaze. So arguing about which one is worse does seem kind of silly, doesn't it? They're all in the same big Perks & Power club together, and we aren't allowed in."

"They, our elected leaders, have all failed us, but more importantly, we have failed ourselves and betrayed the countless thousands who have shed their blood to preserve this once great nation."

You all better take a look at who you are before you cast the blame here. Tell me when you cast your vote know matter who it is for are you trying to elect that person to represent you or run your state or town or county or even country?

No you are putting them in office so you have someone to blame when your decision prove to be the wrong one. Your next door neighbor probably has had more affairs than the people we crucify for it in politics. Yet none of us ever condemns the guy next door. Or the guy you used to work with that used to run around on his wife all the time. He is no problem he is human

Yet the Democrats or Republicans do it and it doesn't even matter who they are or if you actually know them or not you and you most of you didn't vote for him/them anyway. The only thing you know is you now have a chance to throw rocks.

The terrible thing about this is the person you are so quick to condemn are the real victims their families his wife his children and all of those that work for him that believed in him they are the victims. Not any of us.

I wrote a couple of post on other threads about this and I am going to delete them because I have realized that the Republican party is not the victim here. Governor Sanford's family and friends and supporters are.

Bob Lawless

20. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Bob: We're simply pointing out the obvious -- that politicians, regardless of D or R, are generally of the same ilk and tend to shaft their constituency and be hypocrites. Evidence of this is in the news every day. Just take a look around.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.