1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

More problems with Cabelas

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dustoff, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

I just purchased 12 ga. shells from Cabelas. I found there was a shipping error, and the wrong size was sent. I contacted Cabela's and was informed they had a no return policy on ammo. I replied that I understood, but expected to receive what I ordered. After explaining the problem to three young ladies that wouldn't know a 2 3/4 dram from a 3, or a 7 1/2 from a 8 shot, I was told that I couldn't reorder the right item as it was no longer available at that price, and that they would offer a $20.00 gift certificate. I'm furious, what has happened to customer service. Please mention this to your fellow shooters. What would you do? Thanks for your input.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I'd contact corporate, demand a RMA informing them you were not shipped what was ordered. You wish to have your credit card credited or however you paid.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

You weren't happy with the responses you rec'd on 12/3, so you decided to start another thread with the exact same info?

www.trapshooters.com/noframes/cfpages/thread.cfm?threadid=271538#1103857

4. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Deja vu!

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Thought that sounded familar.

6. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I was hoping that after a week, we would hear what he decided to do, contact the Better Business Bureau, the Attorney General, the president of Cabelas, his congressman, something. Mark

7. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

It says he just purchased them, so maybe he did it again and it's not a duplicate post and him thinking his issues are so important that they need to be brought up again and again.

8. grntitan

Well if he went and bought again after getting burned, i have no pity for him.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

—President George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

9. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Again, I got same thing - shells deliverd were different velocity than advertised. Cabela's could not take them back but refunded my money and told me to keep the shells.

rm

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Chargeback on credit card.

11. oleww

oleww Banned User Banned

'choot 'em

12. folothru

folothru Member

i ordered shells from cabelas quiite a few times , i always had a lot of success with them . a salesperson told me the first time that i ordered that she didnt know that much about ammo so we went to the website together and we did things like; ok go down 3 places to where it says 2 3/4 1 oz 8 that is what i want . i ordered 3 different shells the last time and i got the right order. we were using the pc and the cell phone to place the order . it made it easier for them to use their code and remember you were the newbie at one point in your life . so take the time with them this might their first job or a new one !!

13. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I bet if you quit going there they would go bankrupt. By God that would teach them to make a mistake. Good thing that was the first mistake ever made by mankind. Can you imagine what the world would be like if mistakes were made by anyone else?

14. grntitan

The policy to not return ammo is not just Cabelas. Most places will not allow ammo to be returned and there are reasons. What if someone bought ammo and then doubled charged and reboxed? Thats just one of many things someone could and maybe would do. It sounds as if several others have had similar stories and was allowed to keep the ammo plus a full refund. What more could you ask for? Just tell them you want your money back as you did not recieve what you wanted. If they do not have in stock what you need, take your money elsewhere. They can make that mistake on me anytime.

Maybe if you post it here a few more times it will fix itself.

15. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, was it red dot? Or Unique?

I'm always leery of nitros in AA boxes..

16. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

Cabela's handled this issue as I hoped they would. Mistakes happen, they were great!

17. grntitan

So how did they make it right?? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.