1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

More porkulus money going to cronies.....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

More of the "upstanding" reid and pelosi......

2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

There is a large solar farm being constructed in central New Jersey. I believe that the owneras are Japanese. I have not heard that this project is subsidized by the US governmenr but then, that would certaibnly NOT be widely broadcast. Does anyone know about this or how we could find out?

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

The US is given tax credits for wind farms (will assume the same for solar).

They are set to expire in 2013 as the Republican House refused to extend them.

The industry has threated to stop all construction if the tax credit is not renewed, as they cannot be built at a profit without them.

The wind farm company in my region is owned by a company out of Spain. The large tubes needed are being shipped (via rail and truck) from Canada. You would thing the U.S. unions would demand US made tubes.

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Most of the wind farms in my area are owned by local utility companys and a few companys from out of state but still in the USA. Blades and some other parts are made in Newton, Iowa. Your right, the tax credits should expire for wind energy and ethanol production.

But I do have one issue, Most of the erection crews around here are NON-UNION and where do you get the idea that unions are in a position to DEMAND anything? Your hatred of unions and the Americans who belong to them is causing you to make statements that are unreasonable. Don't ya think?

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I read an article in Machine Design magazine about alternative energy, none of it will survive without taxpayer subsidies

And then we have the tree huggers, they want to stop all coal and oil fired generation, because it's dirty, they want to stop the nukes because they are unsafe, they want to stop hydro because it stops fish from spawning, they want to stop wind because they call the turbines the Cuisinarts of the sky because they kill bats and birds, they want to stop solar because it messes up habitat

So we will be without electricity, why does anybody even listen to them dipsticks?

Oh yeah I forgot their vote

There should be more sane people out there, but I am beginning to wonder

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Click.

YOUR tax money is being given to oil companies in the form of tax credits, while reporting billions, and billions of dollars in profit. Why is it you are alright with this, but have a problem with tax credits going to a newly developing energy alternative. Is it because of Obama? It is because of OBAMA, and the Democrats. What if this article, and information is true? Sounds like it may not be all on Obama. Solyndra included.

Did you ever think that down the road after all infrastructure and development is completed that these sources to could be profitable? I did not think so! Why is it that the oil companies cap off newly developed wells, when the price of oil goes down below the profit level for those wells? They already have wells that where developed at a lower cost, so as to maintain profit. Just as the oil companies need YOUR tax money for the same thing. The oil companies say they need YOUR tax monies for more research and development, as to not cut into their billions and billions in profit. Wait, the oil company executives said, "We do not need these credits, we are doing fine, profits are up." That was during the congress testimony, during the last administration, remember? Those credits are still on place.

How is all of this newly developed oil sources here in the U.S. working out for YOU? We are exporting record amounts of oil and gasoline than ever. Why? Because the refiners, and oil companies are obtaining cheaper oil from US, and shipping it overseas to other world markets where they can make more profit! Have you checked your gasoline price lately. I know it's Obama's fault.http://www.investorplace.com/2012/08/the-effects-of-surging-gasoline-exports/

Maybe the rhetoric is trying to protect the major contributors to the campaign funds. No that's not possible, I know. The slogan should have been, "Drill me baby, drill me." I am sure you know what I am speaking of. No, I am referring to US being drilled, shame on you. Natural gas is the next export in line. Watch and see what happens to the price, when that infrastructure development begins? Flame on!

7. Catpower

If we flamed on you would explode Fart Czar

Yeah the oil companies are real shafting the American people, they make about half the profit or less than Nike or Coke

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Stifling, who makes more money, Microsoft or BP?

Apple computer or Shell Oil?

You are jumping on the wrong bones. Our Corporations are taxed at 35 percent. the Canadian rate is 15. What do you have against being competitive?

We are going to lose our credit card soon, If Obama wins it will be next year when the dollar caves in. Your retirement check might pay your utility bill if you wear your insulated underwear.

HM

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

The goverment makes more on the taxes then the companys make in profit, And they have to do all the work.

10. Catpower

You're right Grunt, it's kind of like when the gummit sued the tobacco companies, the gummit makes more money off tobacco products than the company

11. Stl Flyn

So, from all of your ridiculous comparisons, and BS so far off the subject, you must agree. Thanks

12. Catpower

Hey Fart Czar, the page you cited is kind of like you, it's broken, except it's your brain that is broken

13. Stl Flyn

I did not expect the brother of, or right hand man, so to speak, of John Galt would accept anything above his thought process.

14. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Do you have to lie to become a czar, Fart Czar?

[​IMG]

15. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Here's some info I pulled from a WSJ editorial- couldn't link the whole article because you have to have a subscription to see it.

"The folks at the Institute for Energy Research used the Energy Department data to calculate a subsidy per unit of electricity produced. Per megawatt hour, natural gas, oil and coal received 64 cents, hydropower 82 cents, nuclear $3.14, wind $56.29 and solar a whopping $775.64.

So for every tax dollar that goes to coal, oil and natural gas, wind gets $88 and solar $1,212. After all the hype and dollars, in 2010 wind and solar combined for 2.3% of electric generation—2.3% for wind and 0% and a rounding error for solar. Renewables contributed 10.3% overall, though 6.2% is hydro. Some "investment."

Zooming out for all energy, the Congressional Research Service did its own analysis of tax incentives last year. It found that in 2009 fossil fuels accounted for 78% of U.S. energy production but received only 12.6% of tax incentives. Renewables accounted for 11% of energy production but received 77% of the tax subsidies—and that understates the figure because it leaves out direct spending.

By the way, these subsidy comparisons don't consider that the coal, oil, and natural gas industries paid more than $10 billion of taxes in 2009. Wind and solar are net drains on the Treasury.

All of this suggests a radical idea. Why not eliminate all federal energy subsidies? This would get the government out of the business of picking winners and losers—mostly losers.

Mr. Obama's plan to eliminate oil and gas subsidies would lower the budget deficit by less than $3 billion a year, but creating a true level playing field in energy, and allowing markets to determine which energy sources are used, would save $37 billion. That's an energy plan that makes sense."

Amen to that!!!!

BTW, it also mentioned that wind power has been receiving subsidies ever since 1977, which would undercut the Fart Czar theory that if you subsidize green energy BS long enough it will become profitable.

16. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

John, John, John, there you go again, trying to use facts on evrio wackos.

17. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Stl lyn,,,,,One reason is that the consumer WANTS gas and oil,,,,,not so much wind and solar,,,,,Gas also WORKS,,,,,not so sure about wind and solar,,,,,,,ever think that is why they are SUCCESSFUL??????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.