1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

More on shot in my shooting eye

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by warren, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warren

warren Member

It's five weeks since I had that shot in my right eye and I went shooting yesterday to see if I could see again and I'm amazed, it actually worked. I really thought I was either going to have to switch to left hand shooting or give it up all together but. I can see both beads clearly and the target just jumps out, no excuse for missing now.

warren

2. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

great news ! break 'em

3. Norsky

Norsky Member

Warren, what was the problem you had with your eye? Ray

4. warren

warren Member

Badly blurred vision due to the blood vessels in my right eye being partialy plugged up. It wasn't cateracs or macular degeneration. The Doc told me cateracts would be no problem but he didn't guarantee me anything except to keep it from getting worse. It started getting better within a couple of days, I am going to get another shot next week. I think it's a miracal and am absolutly thrilled what a relief. The drug is Avastin and is for colon cancer no kidding. $1050 per shot.

warren

5. Norsky

Norsky Member

Warren,
    Thanks for the response. Glad you are having such a good response to your treatment. I have rather significant floaters in both eyes. Hoping they'll come up with treatment for it someday. Again, congratulations on the good news.
    Regards,
    Ray

6. warren

warren Member

Ray Go in and have your eyes checked if you haven/t already don't let it go, the Doc told me it was a good thing I came in when I did and caught it early.Good luck and best wishes.

warren

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I missed the original thread. Did you have a blood clot or did a pellet strike your eye?

But I'm glad your eye is working now.

8. warren

warren Member

My right eye gradually started losing it's ability to focus a couple of years ago but I was still able to read and shoot with it until this summer when shooting the handicap on a overcast day I could no longer find the target so, I finally got the Eye Doctor to take my problem serious and he disovered the viens in my eye were plugged up and not draining the blood out, causing swelling and distorting only in my right eye. I sure thought I was gonna loose it.

warren

9. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

I hope using a colon drug in you eye won't give your a crappy outlook on life.

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Jack. Only when he looks at you

Jack

11. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

MIA, (jack?) do I know you? Or do you know you me? At first, I thought your message wasn't very nice, unless you aleady know me, and then perhaps is it accurate.

Perhaps you could ID yourself thanks,

jack in PA

12. warren

warren Member

Maybe I had my head up my -----

warren

13. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Were you wearing shooting glasses, if you were shot?

I have eye exams every year. Pretty important to have this done particularly when we get to 50 YOA.

MIA is Jack Swanson a terrific guy, personally, and a great contributor here on TS.COM. Probably one of the most honest you'll find. They don't come any better than Jack.

WW

14. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

Whiz, Thanks for IDing MIA. I guess his message (by "MIA") was not intended the way it was posted. I don't know him & I don't believe he knows me, so OK.

No problem.

js in PA

15. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

Check out today's, 11/4/10 NY Times. There's an article on the front page of the business section that talks about this drug and its competitor. If you taking this stuff, it's worth reading. Apparently Avastin only cost the Dr. $20-$50 per injection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.